Sailing, sailing, over the Briny Blue

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

Sailing, sailing, over the Briny Blue

Post by Rumpshot »

In our continued attempt to enjoy life and place check marks in the appropriate boxes on the bucket list, the Mrs. and I are off on another adventure. Driving to San Diego where we will spend a couple of nights, then boarding the Disney Ship Wonder for a two week trip to Galveston, TX by way of the Panama Canal.

BE603 has kindly consented to allow us to park our vehicle at his place until we return. 308Mike will drive us down to the terminal. Will have dinner on Wednesday evening with friends from Ramona.

We depart Friday afternoon, with a stop in Cabo San Lucas on Sunday, then Puerto Vallarta on Monday. Then 4 days at sea traveling to the Panama Canal. After the canal, it is off to Cartagena, Colombia, George Town, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico. We will terminate in Galveston where our Son will pick us up and drive to San Antonio for a couple days with our Son, Daughter-in-law, and Granddaughter. Finally flying to San Diego, retrieving our vehicle and driving home.

Whew.

I will have some cell, data, text capabilities in port thanks to a temporary cell phone international service. But, underway, I will not have internet or cell service. I will not be posting birthday announcements.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Steamforger

Re: Sailing, sailing, over the Briny Blue

Post by Steamforger »

Cartagena. /shudders.

Pretty sure I drank to the point of alcohol poisoning at this dive on the beach called "Banana Rama's".

Then, as my battle buddy and are hopelessly lost and wandering the back alleys trying to find the pier, the ship's van nearly runs us over.

If it weren't for that, I might still be there....
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Getting on a ship...
In San Dog...
On purpose...

oh my. You really can't teach an old dog new tricks.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rich

Post by Rich »

Enjoy! Don't listen to those naysayers. :lol:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Rod

Post by Rod »

Just a heads up, your credit cards probably will not work in Columbia. When we cruised years ago, the credit card companies were afraid of the drug problems there and would decline any attempt. This happened to everyone on the cruise.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I wonder if it would be worth the trouble to get a couple of loadable credit cards and then put just so much money on each one while on travel. This way the crooks would be limited to only the amount of money available on the card and your regular accounts are safe. Also, make sure you have a RFID scan-protected/blocking carrier (or sleeves) for your cards which contain chips.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

Bon Voyage! Don't forget the Dramamine,.....
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote:Getting on a ship...
In San Dog...
On purpose...

oh my. You really can't teach an old dog new tricks.
I don't care who you are, this was funny.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Well, Dana & his wife left today on their cruise. I dropped them off at the "B" Street terminal more than 1/2 hour before boarding, and drove his truck back out to BE's place while they're underway. I hope they have a GREAT cruise, and Dana told me he'd try to post some photos once they were in port, but didn't promise anything - not trusting International communications via multiple means when outside the USA (which I don't blame him).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Underway between Cartagena and Grand Cayman. So far the US Navy has not found us to impede our way...

All is well, expensive, but well.

Will post on or after the 11th.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona