Venison at Arbys

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rich Jordan

Venison at Arbys

Post by Rich Jordan »

Today was Venison Day at Arby's, apparently nationwide. A venison steak sandwich, using imported (from New Zealand) farmed red deer meat.

I tried one. Venison is a rare treat since neither I nor any acquaintance close hunts here. While this didn't stand up to what I had long ago with friends in Nevada who _did_ hunt, it was actually decent. The sauce was a good match. A bit expensive but it was a one shot treat.

Worth getting out early for. Each location reportedly had enough meat for about 100 sandwiches.
308Mike

Re: Venison at Arbys

Post by 308Mike »

Link to the company.
Arby's_638x401_Venison_silo_tan.jpg
Venison Sandwich
– Limited Time –

Crispy onions
Juniper Berry Steak Sauce
Venison Steak
Star Top Bun

This limited time sandwich features a thick-cut venison steak marinated in garlic, salt, and pepper and is cooked for three hours to juicy perfection. It’s topped with crispy onions and a cabernet steak sauce infused with juniper berries. Served on a toasted star top bun.​​

The Venison Sandwich is available on October 21st, quantities are limited.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Guncrazy

Post by Guncrazy »

Didn't know supply would be that short. They were sold out when I got there.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HMore importantly, when is McDs gonna get more Sichuan sauce?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Lay in some extra Arby's three-pepper chili sauce. It's not Sichuan, but it's pretty tasty.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

The Arby's Horsey Sauce is pretty good, too. It seems to compliment tuna casserole, which is about as far from venison I care to go. :lol:
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy