I think it's time to start cleaning up the shop

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Candyman

I think it's time to start cleaning up the shop

Post by Candyman »

I have been neglecting my shop for some time now. I can make all kind of excuses like, I've been busy, Working to many hours at my full time job, too many projects at one time, and the list can go on and on. But when it comes right down to it, it's my fault for letting it get out of hand.
I took these pics today.
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
Take a good look and see if you tell how much gun crap I have scattered around.
I may start cleaning up next week. Maybe. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Rich

Re: I think it's time to start cleaning up the shop

Post by Rich »

Looks like my living room. Seriously. But then, I don't entertain much.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

If i let my place of work get that bad, id be sent home for the day. There have been meetings over footprints on the floor, and a few chips...

It is litterally one of the cleanest shops ive ever been in.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

This is my shop at my house where I play with guns.
No one around to fuss at me.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Once you find the mouse nests where they've chewed holes into a rifle rug or two and rusted a rifle or a number of expensive magazines, etc. or crawled into a case, carton, or open can of ammo and turned it all green (mice dribble urine constantly), it might motivate you to speed it up a bit. Just sayin', seen it at an estate cleanout more than once..... :roll:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Now I don't feel quite as bad about my basement. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Insert obligatory "I see the problem, there are an awful lot of guns in there, send them to me to help reduce the clutter, no need to thank me, happy to help" comment. :P
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
randy

Post by randy »

I just feel bad about how much of my basement clutter is not gun related.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Old Grafton wrote:Once you find the mouse nests where they've chewed holes into a rifle rug or two and rusted a rifle or a number of expensive magazines, etc. or crawled into a case, carton, or open can of ammo and turned it all green (mice dribble urine constantly), it might motivate you to speed it up a bit. Just sayin', seen it at an estate cleanout more than once..... :roll:
No rats or mice. Poisson and traps are always out and haven't seen one in over a year. 90% of my ammo is in military ammo cans. If a rat gets in the house that can chew into one of them, I'm going to do some indoor hunting with a large gun.
Most of it is just stuff sitting around. After I finished the walls, Yes I did it all myself, I never got around to putting up shelves. I could build some, but think that I will just buy some.
The shop is part of the house and has three AC ducts, tow for the shop and one in the 9ft x7ft wash room. The room is totally insulated.
And yes, there is a shit ton of gun stuff in there. Even with all the stuff that is scattered about, you would not believe how much more that is put away.
But I do plan to have everything cleaned up this summer. I have already hired a guy to take care of my lawn so that I have more time to spend on my shop.
I have even slowed down on buying guns, I have only added 7 more this year.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote:I just feel bad about how much of my basement clutter is not gun related.
You and me both, brother.

On the plus side, one of my daughters told me how happy it made her to see so many guns lying around when she did laundry. I was taking a break during some organizing.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D