Guess who is suddenly single (again)

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Precision

Guess who is suddenly single (again)

Post by Precision »

With the IQ bank here, no, you don't get a second guess.

At least this time, no one died.

But we went from doing great on Friday morning when she dropped me off at the gun store so I could go away and do a gun show out of town, to the VERY next day being very angry with me and telling me we were severely damaged.

Then a 4am break up text.

I get it, she obviously is not for me. Whenever she hangs out with her friends / one of us is out of town, shit storm. This time, it was a HUGE shit storm and there is not really any likelihood of repairing it.

I was honest. A while back, she asked (not sure how it came up) if I had ever been involved in swinging. The answer is yes, mildly with the wife prior to her cancer. Have not done it in 7+ years, but ... Obviously, that makes me evil or something all the sudden.

There were of course other issues (some of them decidedly my fault) but, that is the sledgehammer that keeps getting smashed into my face. That and "none of my friends like you", which I immediately contradicted with 4 examples. But that makes me a bad guy. Damn I hate the way women fight.

Quite the shame as I really like her outside of that and her having a late spouse certainly made that part of things much less complicated.

But is seems the crazy outweighs the sane. Not that I was given a choice, but, seems like I am single again. SIGH
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Re: Guess who is suddenly single (again)

Post by Netpackrat »

Congratulations, I'm sorry.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Dang dude. Wish this would not happen to you. Was looking forward to meeting her.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Sorry that you had to go through that. At least you didn't get too deep in to the crazy.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Dodged a bullet with that one, yes you did.
Don't answer when she inevitably calls or texts again. Zero contact. You'll only dig the hole deeper if you do.

Walk away, just walk away...
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Congratulations, I'm sorry.
That about covers it.

Always better when excessive crazy reveals itself early, even if it's temporarily unpleasant.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Sorry to hear. But better now than later.
skb12172 wrote: Don't answer when she inevitably calls or texts again. Zero contact. You'll only dig the hole deeper if you do.
This... this in spades. Unless you really need to get laid. :) Okay, I take that back. Don't answer or reply!
Precision

Post by Precision »

Yeah, I get it. I did dodge a bullet here. It really sucks because other then that we are super compatible.

It looks like a female friend who met me for one evening and whose husband took a dislike to me because I choose to open carry a lot, pumped her for info and also pumped her full of "he is is bad for you and look at all these things that he does that are evil".
It also seems that the last person who gets to speak to her, has the most influence.

All around a bad thing, but the crazy is not deniable. A damnable shame.

The truly worst part is it has triggered (hate using that word) a grief reaction. Not from her dumping me so much as an echo of Dawn's death. Now that I realize that, it isn't so bad... but all day yesterday I was in a big funk and really couldn't connect the dots. Dots now being connected, things are much less stressful.

Oh and thanks guys.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Sorry to hear that, but we kept your bar stool open just in case.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Sorry for the pain.
Precision wrote:That and "none of my friends like you", which I immediately contradicted with 4 examples. But that makes me a bad guy. Damn I hate the way women fight.
I always get in trouble with this one, never understand it, and never remember not to do it.

"You're not doing something."
I list recent examples of successfully addressing that concern.
"Lists don't help."
:?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D