Guess who is suddenly single (again)

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
skb12172

Re: Guess who is suddenly single (again)

Post by skb12172 »

Precision wrote:Yeah, I get it. I did dodge a bullet here. It really sucks because other then that we are super compatible.
Which explains any number of short and long term "relationships" I've had. I can be compatible with anyone friendly, attractive, and that likes sex at least as much as I do. Especially in the beginning, when everyone is behaving themselves. It's the "other than" that keeps you searching for a keeper. A main reason the dating industry is such big biz.

I'm sorry it invoked some sadness regarding your wife. Is it possible you got quickly attached because of similarities to Dawn?

In closing, be prepared to hear second hand that everything was your fault. Even her problems that predated you meeting her. This kind of crazy follows a pattern.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Weetabix wrote:Sorry for the pain.
Precision wrote:That and "none of my friends like you", which I immediately contradicted with 4 examples. But that makes me a bad guy. Damn I hate the way women fight.
I always get in trouble with this one, never understand it, and never remember not to do it.

"You're not doing something."
I list recent examples of successfully addressing that concern.
"Lists don't help."
:?
In my experience, when a woman uses "None of my friends like you" as an excuse to break up with you, it means one of the following:

1) None of my FEMALE friends like you.

2) One (or more) of my FEMALE friends likes you a little more than I'm comfortable with

3) None of my friends who's opinion matters to me likes you.

4) I'm looking for an excuse to break up with you, and this is as good as any.

As Dave Barry said, women always assume men are just as complicated as women, but way more mysterious. The truth is we are simple. We really are exactly as we appear to be. Tragically.
Precision

Post by Precision »

skb12172 wrote:
Precision wrote:Yeah, I get it. I did dodge a bullet here. It really sucks because other then that we are super compatible.
Which explains any number of short and long term "relationships" I've had. I can be compatible with anyone friendly, attractive, and that likes sex at least as much as I do. Especially in the beginning, when everyone is behaving themselves. It's the "other than" that keeps you searching for a keeper. A main reason the dating industry is such big biz.

I'm sorry it invoked some sadness regarding your wife. Is it possible you got quickly attached because of similarities to Dawn?

In closing, be prepared to hear second hand that everything was your fault. Even her problems that predated you meeting her. This kind of crazy follows a pattern.

There were passing similarities to Dawn, but it was more like they would have been good friends as opposed to them being similar.

I think she is sitting in a pile of external (to me issues) and the "friends" used me as the scapegoat. She is currently unemployed and having a very difficult time finding a job that she likes, that pays decent and isn't out of state. I know one of her "friends" thinks she should move and take a "great" job in Ohio or DC and if I wasn't tying her down here...

In talking with some people the sadness regarding Dawn is pretty normal and happens to widow/widowers each time a new relationship dies. Each time it gets a little easier.

I don't have much overlap in the circle of friends. The two people I got to know well who were her friends, should I see them again will NOT run me down. They like me lots and they liked us together lots. Much more likely if push came to shove they would tell her she made a bad choice.

My friends that intersect with her, are all shaking their heads and asking what is her problem. It is her female "friends" that are the major issue and her dad didn't much like me, but he met me after a 7 hour drive. I cooked for 1.5 of the hours he stayed awake and was NOT talkative with any of the things I asked him about, so of course I was perceived as being egotistical for talking about myself too much. Sure when his answers were 8 words and I gave a detailed answer, I did talk a lot more.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

MarkD wrote:
1) None of my FEMALE friends like you.
this is the bigger better answer

MarkD wrote:3) None of my friends who's opinion matters to me likes you.
This is a lesser but still relevant answer.

There is also a bit of other stuff to include she is a bit easy to lead / unsure of her decision making in this arena. She has made a few bad choices and allowed them to go on for far too long. This time I think the friends upped the heat way past 10 at the first hint of an issue. Being women, they build on each other's rabidity and when you have 3 or 4 chewing your ear in protective mode...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/