Heading to LA (no, not the one with New Orleans in it).

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Jericho941

Re: Heading to LA (no, not the one with New Orleans in it).

Post by Jericho941 »

skb12172 wrote:Why is her ex even a factor??? He should be a non-player, non-issue in your relationship.
Without knowing the specifics, all I can say is that sometimes people break up amicably and stay friends. Friends look out for each other. I don't think it's improbable that "wait, you've known this guy how long? And you want to take trips together?" could be spoken by a male or female friend without ill intent.
I will say that in the posts where you have described your romantic activities, you come across as a Nice Guy. That is death with modern women. They will use and abuse you mercilessly.
...a Nice Guy(tm) is a guy who thinks that he deserves sex/a romantic relationship for showing basic civility. Women hate that... and I've never read any of that into any Precision post I've seen. He seems more than capable of standing up for himself.
Here, this might help. At the least, it will be food for thought.
...okay, real talk.

Linking someone to Roosh during a rough patch with a lady is fucking toxic. I don't know why you think it would be constructive to link to a screed from that miserable pervert. His post is basically a paint-by-numbers guide to making sure your relationship is as petty, miserable, and hopefully short-lived as possible. Paranoia and depredation writ between the sheets.

I would never, ever want to share a relationship, let alone a house, with someone I had to browbeat into submission in a mutually abusive game of "dick move" chicken. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I don't think anyone without a huge power exchange kink would be able to make that work in anything approaching a healthy manner.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jericho941 wrote:Linking someone to Roosh during a rough patch with a lady is fucking toxic. I don't know why you think it would be constructive to link to a screed from that miserable pervert.
I'd never heard of that guy but you made me look... He seems to be somewhat of a shithead.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Fine, he can do it his way with the ex boyfriend calling the shots. I'm sure that will work out wonderfully. I wish him luck.
Precision

Post by Precision »

guys on both sides,

thanks for coming to my defense. The thing about my personality is I am extremely dominant in relationships. Mostly the sexual component;but it bleeds over. Sometimes that gets me in trouble.

The ex is a beta who is beta-ing very hard and creating short term havoc. He did his thing. She blocked him from being able to communicate with her, but I told her, she would eventually get in touch with him as he was very intentionally attempting to hit a nerve. I told her that he would start more shit and direct it through their mutual friends / acquaintances. Exactly that happened and she blew a gasket as she knew someone was lying, but not who.

He used the infuriate her gambit and impuned me with almost truths and subtle loaded questions. It worked, she got super angry and melted down on everyone involved. When she calmed down, she realized, I had not only predicted the course of events, but the reason why, how she would react ... One simple question set her straight. "If I could predict all that, don't you think if I was the liar, I would have just done different things and avoided the whole mess?"

Huge mental recalibration gap, then "oh, I have been an ass to you."

Yup.

For the record, I am a reasonable guy. The more I like the woman, the more reasonable I can be. But, under no circumstances am I a "nice guy".

That being said, I think she wishes she had listened and we were both in LA right now. But it is good in that it gives her time to process and to look at what she gave up by playing the beta's game. Next go round, I don't think she will be so easily provoked and I think the beta will not enjoy the outcome.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/