Name change

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Goods2010

Name change

Post by Goods2010 »

Seriously considering a name change. I hate my name so much. This the third time I've been paired up on a job with someone who doesn't speak English. Just because someone in HR saw my and thought I could communicate with them. I don't speak any Spanish. I have never met any relatives on that side of the family. I don't give a crap about heritage/culture/etc. I don't even like Mexican food. I'm also tired of hearing for the 100,000,000 time "How do you spell that?" or "How do you pronounce that?" (FIFK I don't speak Spanish). My name is the only grudge I hold against my dear mother. Life probably would have been better if she had given me her family's name, but no. She had to be all multicultural.
Netpackrat

Re: Name change

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm a little envious in that you have never met that side of your family. I hate my name too, but the side of my family I would be pissing off the most if I changed it, is the side that I like. That and after 43 years with it, I am not sure what I would change it to.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Max fightmaster?
Trogdor burninator?
Thorfinn Skulsplitter?

Ps, only one of those is fake. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I knew a Ron Fightmaster.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Goods2010 wrote:Seriously considering a name change. I hate my name so much. This the third time I've been paired up on a job with someone who doesn't speak English. Just because someone in HR saw my and thought I could communicate with them. I don't speak any Spanish. I have never met any relatives on that side of the family. I don't give a crap about heritage/culture/etc. I don't even like Mexican food. I'm also tired of hearing for the 100,000,000 time "How do you spell that?" or "How do you pronounce that?" (FIFK I don't speak Spanish). My name is the only grudge I hold against my dear mother. Life probably would have been better if she had given me her family's name, but no. She had to be all multicultural.
If you really want to, do it. It was good enough for John Wayne and Martin Sheen.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

HTRN wrote:Max fightmaster?
Trogdor burninator?
Thorfinn Skulsplitter?

Ps, only one of those is fake. :shock:
http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nic ... Dave_Ryder
BDK

Post by BDK »

Lots of folks used to Anglicanize their names.
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

Netpackrat wrote:I hate my name too, but the side of my family I would be pissing off the most if I changed it, is the side that I like.

That and after 43 years with it, I am not sure what I would change it to.
They'd get over it eventually. I'd be grumpy after having to remind them constantly about the name change.

Yep. Same problem. Not 43 years though. Only replacement I can think of is Carl Gustav.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Goods2010 wrote:
. Only replacement I can think of is Carl Gustav.
Hmmmnnn.... then you might be paired with all the buxom female scandinavian blondes instead.....worth looking into, yes? :D
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Throatwarbler Mangrove, pronounced John Smith.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist