Been away. Long story short...

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
skb12172

Re: Been away. Long story short...

Post by skb12172 »

Nothing much new here. Went back to teaching during the day. Armed bodyguard for a local exec on the weekends.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Well the usual travel in the winter, at the cabin in the summer and glad your back.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Good to hear a good SITREP after you being sinker so long.

Plugging away here InsaneDiego at Casa de Blackeagle -- the home of great ideas and incomplete projects. Aside from spring overgrowth/pruning and such plugging away on the lot on more concrete flatwork and a (6 months into it) garage bath/shower tear out and remodel that turned into a partial house repipe exercise.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I used to work supporting FedGov defense contracts, even though I was on overhead since the company paid my wages and not the contractor. When it was coming to the end of a contract, those folks would be getting stressed over the idea of their contract not being renewed. Most of the folks I worked around and supported were on 2-year contracts, and not all at once were they coming up for renewal, so I only had to make sure our employee was getting all the support he needed in order to keep his contract - but that didn't always work, so folk were getting laid off. Eventually, our ENTIRE DIVISION got the axe and everyone from the VP/General Manager on down received pink slips with a severance package.
You can be paid quite well working on govt. contracts, but those jobs are not very stable. I'll take being a lower-paid working stiff year after year than have to deal with the stresses of those with regular contract renewals (and the prospect of being out on my ear every couple years)!!

GOOD LUCK in your new job!! I hope it lasts as long as you wish to work there. ;) ;) :D :D :D
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Let's hope it lasts. Start of a 5 year contract, so should be good for a while. Should be opportunity to get involved in other govt. items, so I may have some options that will increase my resiliency.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You just never know. When I started my current job, "everybody" on the airport knew that my new employer was in the process of losing their big contract... Said rumor being spread mostly by employees of another company that wanted the contract. I'm about to hit 8 years with them.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

I will skip over the why.

There is plenty of information on here about it. But I am in the process of becoming a permanent Tennessee resident. I don't like the cold weather, but the rest of it seems to be to my tastes.

In about another month, everything should be all lined up for my officialdom.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/