So I'm gonna be nothing but asshole

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

So I'm gonna be nothing but asshole

Post by Rod »

For some reason, my post didn't post. I go in Friday to have my Sigmoid Colon removed. After 6 attacks of Diverticulitis since April, the last one putting me in the hospital for 24 hours getting iv's of antibiotics pumped in me, the surgical team said it was time. Doctor is great, and she's funny as hell; wouldn't do liposuction on my belly while she was down there. Said it wasn't her job. No spinal block, they're going with robotic surgery so I'll be put out completely for 4 to 5 hours. Won't have internet until I'm fully awake so you don't get any drug induced posts on here, sorry. I'll be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days and recovering at home for from 4 to 6 weeks. Any notices will be on my Facebook page first. I'll write a full analysis here later. And, as someone on Facebook said, after a woman asked if they were going to remove my curmudgeonity, they taking out the sigmoid and leaving the asshole. Wish me luck.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Darrell

Re: So I'm gonna be nothing but asshole

Post by Darrell »

Wow, good luck, Rod!
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Jered

Post by Jered »

Good luck.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Will there be live streaming webcam footage? Once you said "robotic surgery" I keep having visions of Bender with a hacksaw. Oh yeah, good luck.

Ray
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Hope all goes well.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Best wishes, Rod.

I had it done in 2015, for the same reason as you. I was up and walking around (carefully) on the second day after the OP, and released from hospital after 10 days. Convalescence about 8 weeks in all. I have to watch my diet, eating plenty of roughage, and strictly limiting intake of stodgy food (pasta, white bread, rice), but other than that - which is no great burden - I feel great. In fact, I feel much, much better than I did during several years of living with undiagnosed diverticulitis, which was a permanent hidden source of infection and inflammation.

Pro tip - do the pre-OP shaving yourself at home! Hospital disposable razors are rubbish...

Fingers crossed for you!

PS: another pro tip for everyone other than Rod. If your annual blood tests are showing signs of inflammation, but you don't have an inflammation that you know of, get your teeth and your colon checked. Both are places that can harbor silent infections that make you ill for no apparent reason.
randy

Post by randy »

Good luck!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Take care, and good luck.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich

Post by Rich »

If I hear screams, I'll waddle as fast as I can in the other direction.

Good luck! Better you than me. :roll:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964