Kim's GoFundMe

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Kim's GoFundMe

Post by Weetabix »

He's clearing medical debts, then he'll start writing and blogging again.

https://www.gofundme.com/surviving-life-without-connie
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BobbyK

Re: Kim's GoFundMe

Post by BobbyK »

I may or may not be giving him a hand on the technical bullshit on the backend.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Do you think he'll start a forum again, join this one, or just stick with the articles only? Regardless, I plan to donate. We butted heads a couple of times, but I'm better off for having had his advice and guidance.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

He already joined this one once, but left not long after.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

Netpackrat wrote:He already joined this one once, but left not long after.
I'm not going to speak for him, but consider some of the other personalities at the time that were present. There isn't currently a user record for him in the database, but there's several ways that might have disappeared.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Some of us have butted heads with him, but that's inevitable with so many Alpha personalities. We all liked Kim, didn't we?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

skb12172 wrote:Some of us have butted heads with him, but that's inevitable with so many Alpha personalities. We all liked Kim, didn't we?
I always liked him. Still do. I don't remember ever butting heads with him. But I like curmudgeonly old bastards. I plan to be one myself one day, if I'm not already one now.

I corresponded a bit with Connie while she was sick. We talked about kids and stuff. Copied Kim. His response was, "Pics or it didn't happen." Gotta love brevity. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Oh, he chewed my ass a time or two, but I didn't take it personally. I never met either Kim or Connie, but she was always nice to me on the podcast shows.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

BobbyK wrote:
I'm not going to speak for him, but consider some of the other personalities at the time that were present. There isn't currently a user record for him in the database, but there's several ways that might have disappeared.
Some of us are still here. My take at the time was that he showed up, looked around, and decided he didn't want to engage without the banhammer backing him up. At this point I don't really care all that much one way or the other if he wants to join up again. He never did say what it was I did to be declared persona non grata.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:
BobbyK wrote:
Some of us are still here. My take at the time was that he showed up, looked around, and decided he didn't want to engage without the banhammer backing him up. At this point I don't really care all that much one way or the other if he wants to join up again. He never did say what it was I did to be declared persona non grata.
He might not know.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr