Hooray for Minions

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

Hooray for Minions

Post by Rumpshot »

Off to Texas (Austin) to visit my 2 year old Granddaughter for a long weekend. She "owns" two guns as of now. A .32 percussion pennsylvania style muzzle loader and a take-down 10/22. Grandpa is impatiently waited for her to get big enough to handle them. Minion spoiling is on the front burner, minion training is simmering on the back burner.

Tentative plans to meet up with CC and his new Mrs. for a meal.

Anyone else in the area? I know Doc Russia is off snowboarding in CO.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Re: Hooray for Minions

Post by Denis »

Lucky you, on all fronts. Say hi to CC for me. Don't miss McBride's gunshop in Austin: http://www.mcbridesguns.com
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Enjoy your Minion!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Don't know how I missed this!

Congratulations on having a minion! Mine are the joy of my declining years, and keep me active, involved, and entertained (for given values of entertained) and life would be much less enjoyable if they weren't around. Hope you have as much fun with yours!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Home from Austin. Miserable weather, well it was cool and foggy and heavy overcast with some drizzle to rain falling during much of the visit.

Denis, did get to spend some time at McBrides on Friday afternoon. Found 10 Ga, black powder, blanks on the shelf, but did not see 10 ga. shells otherwise.

Did not get to have dinner with CC and his Mrs. He was spending time comforting Kim. Don't know if he made the trip to Dallas or not, but was on the phone.

The minion was in good form for the most part. Two years old is a busy confusing time in life. We picked her up at school Friday afternoon and visited the park where she entertained us. She is potty trained, for the most part, because she wants to be. That said, there was just too much to drink and accidents happened.

Our daughter flew in Friday night, so we had both of our kids there for the weekend. Then also had a cousin join us for dinner on Sunday.

All in all, a good weekend.

Texas does have some interesting takes on guns. One place we ate lunch was posted about unlicensed, open carry vs licensed, open carry. Bottom line, if you are licensed, they would permit concealed carry, but not open carry. At least that is what I took from the signage.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona