Subject of FOIA

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

Subject of FOIA

Post by Rod »

I'm a member of the El Paso County Historical Commission. We've been very vocal about the city wanting to tear down one of the most historical neighborhoods in El Paso history. Seems we've pissed off city hall because the local newpaper editor/reporter who loves city hall has filed a FOIA request for all documents from all 21 Historical Commission members' e-mails, and private devices pertaining to the "arena" kerfuffle. We have to forward them to the County Attorney so she can examine, redact, and pass forward the information. I don't have anything on my phone but my e-mail does have communications about this. So far, I'm at 42 e-mais to forward to her, most of which are multi-page. The other members probably have similar mail situations. Figure the County Attorney is going to have to sift through over 10000 pages of e-mails, she is going to be so pissed off at this jerkwad of a "journalist". He couldn't be bothered with investigating the corruption at city hall though.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
randy

Re: Subject of FOIA

Post by randy »

Rod wrote:He couldn't be bothered with investigating the corruption at city hall though.
What? Cut off a lucrative revenue stream? ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".