Life can sometimes suck because of junkies

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
evan price

Life can sometimes suck because of junkies

Post by evan price »

A good friend of mine bought an acreage and moved to his farm about 20 years ago. He's maybe an hour from my place. He used to stop by for talks and drinks on his way to or from the city. Haven't seen him in a few years and he hasn't returned my calls. Last I heard he was portioning off some land and putting in a new modular home for his mom dad and sister to live.

So last night I had to run up to the lake to pick up a tractor engine and my route went right past his house so I stopped in. Place was abandoned and trashed, even his new 3000sf pole barn. So I stopped at his parents house and he was there. It was great. We talked for hours.

Two years ago money got tight and he moved out of the farmhouse because of cost to run electric baseboard heat. He had built an efficiency apartment in his pole barn he heats with a wood stove and wood was free.

Last year his mom got sick. Then his dad got sick and couldn't walk. His car was a small Toyota and his work truck was a regular cab so he started driving his mom and dad's car to take them to appointments. Left his car and truck parked at his house and wound up moving into the den at his parents new house to care for them. During the year things got worse. His mom died. His dad got sicker. My friend barely found time to mow and keep the crops in.

His dad became bedridden. At this time his sister had illnesses that kept getting worse. He was running them to appointments and church events and trying to give them care. His sister was still getting sicker so he took her along to the city hospital with his dad where they said "She had between diagnosed with chronic severe pancreatitis six times in two years, has anyone done a test for pancreatic cancer?" Well they did it and unfortunately it was positive. Further testing revealed highly advanced pancreatic cancer with little prognosis of recovery or more than six months.

This fall his father died. He wound up with a hernia from lifting his father in and out of bed. He drives grain trucks during harvest for extra income which meant he wasn't around much and when he was he was talking care of his family.

Let's go back to Summer. In August his neighbor said a skinning scrawny looking guy in a rusted out van stopped and asked who owned the house because he wanted to ask if the truck parked there unmoving for nearly two years was for sale. Neighbor said he'd have to ask the owner who wasnt around right now.

Should have been a red flag.

During the next three months the skinny heroin addict and his addict girlfriend and another addict dude visited the property eight or nine times. They broke into the house, garage and pole barn. They smashed open tool boxes, lockers, desk, file cabinets and the apartment. They stole his guns, stash of silver coins and bars, heirlooms, tools, air compressor, machinery, implements, barn heaters, an antique tractor, his car titles and anything else of any value including copper wire and pipe and the electric panel from the pole barn. Then they stole his car and work truck and dragged them in to the scrap yard to sell for scrap using the stolen titles.

It finally took neighbors and sheriff's deputy staking out the property with trail cameras, remote pressure pad sensors and hiding in the neighbor's shed to finally catch these vermin.

He will never get back anything they stole because anything they scrapped is gone. They recovered his work truck but it's been partially stripped and the roof crushed by the junkyard... And if he wants it back he has to pay towing.

Anything that had value was sold for cash that they shoot into their veins. When they finally caught them the sheriff's deputies knew who they were because this was not their first or even fifth case against them.

I hate thieves and these addict thieves are the worst. I'm tired of feeling sorry for addicts. They knew what they were doing the first time they shot up. No more free Narcan. Let them choke and die.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Steamforger

Re: Life can sometimes suck because of junkies

Post by Steamforger »

This is the nice thing about stretches of interstate highway between distant cities and elevated over swamps.

"Nope, haven't seen'em around for a while. Said something about heading up to Seattle where they could get into a free clinic..."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Fuck.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Fuck.
Yeah. Shit like that is why neighbors exist. His fucked him good.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
g-man

Post by g-man »

I had junkies steal all of the copper pipes out of the basement of the house I own in Dayton, OH a couple of years back. The neighborhood has gone SIGNIFICANTLY downhill since I left the place, and isn't looking like it'll get better. Ever. Currently trying to figure out the options for a short sale or deed-in-lieu to be rid of it.

Oh, and regarding neighbors, anybody worth a shit as neighbors moved out years ago. Kinda want to move back in and clean the place up using the Frank Castle method, but HH6 doesn't approve.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Greg

Post by Greg »

g-man wrote:I had junkies steal all of the copper pipes out of the basement of the house I own in Dayton, OH a couple of years back. The neighborhood has gone SIGNIFICANTLY downhill since I left the place, and isn't looking like it'll get better. Ever. Currently trying to figure out the options for a short sale or deed-in-lieu to be rid of it.

Oh, and regarding neighbors, anybody worth a shit as neighbors moved out years ago. Kinda want to move back in and clean the place up using the Frank Castle method, but HH6 doesn't approve.
Oh sweet mother, Dayton.

Couple years back my wife and I went on a road trip. Partly to scout possible places to move to, partly to see stuff we wanted to see. We swung through Dayton because we wanted to see the AF museum.

First place we went when we got to Dayton was the Wright Brothers museum. The area its in is mainly burned out vacant lots. Encouraging.

Then that afternoon we needed to do laundry. Found a laundry place, safest looking one. The huge black dude running the place looked *worried* for us. But it went fine, we chatted with some black grannies about the news on TV while the laundry cooked.

That evening, with clean clothes, we needed to find a place to eat. Best place we could find was a BBQ place that was also a cocktail lounge. Uh, oh. I swear, every customer in there but us was a 60+ horny lounge lizard (male and female) on the make. Yes, it was a seriously raunchy seniors meat market. It was terrifying, yet fascinating.

Dayton. Awesome.

We had breakfast at a Bob Evans near the AF museum (the hell away from Dayton proper) and it was fine. Museum was incredible, spent the whole day and we felt rushed and didn't see quite everything.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
randy

Post by randy »

Greg wrote:Couple years back my wife and I went on a road trip. Partly to scout possible places to move to, partly to see stuff we wanted to see. We swung through Dayton because we wanted to see the AF museum.
Wished I'd a known. I could have steered you to good restaurants, and we have laundry equipment for a very modest fee! ;)

But, yeah, I don't spend much time in Dayton itself outside of what work requires.

Seriously, anyone coming into the Dayton area, work schedule permitting, I'm always up for another trip to the museum.
Museum was incredible, spent the whole day and we felt rushed and didn't see quite everything.
And it it was a couple of years ago, that was before they opened the 4th hangar,
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

evan price wrote:
I hate thieves and these addict thieves are the worst. I'm tired of feeling sorry for addicts. They knew what they were doing the first time they shot up. No more free Narcan. Let them choke and die.
some people just need a good keel hauling.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Never trust a junkie. They don't give a shit about ANYTHING but the next hit. Not their children, not their family, not even themselves. They will do anything to anyone for that next hit. Only their own inadequacy limits their evil. If they are stronger, they will take what they want. If they are weaker, they will lie, steal, and play on your heartstrings. Fuck heroin and the heartless, evil pieces of shit who sell it.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

And that goes for meth, as well! We should just legalize, let the worthless assholes OD, and call it a day!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom