Saying goodbye

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
McClarkus

Re: Saying goodbye

Post by McClarkus »

Done. Very sorry to hear of this Denis.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Heartbroken for you. I know what this is like, yes I do.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

My condolences as well.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

You have my sympathy, Denis. I'll add you and your family to my prayer list.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Denis, you and your family are in my prayers.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
evan price

Post by evan price »

We'll pray for you and yours.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Greg

Post by Greg »

I'm sorry. I understand. My condolences to you and yours, and hope that you all find peace.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Bob K

Post by Bob K »

Condolences. Prayers said. Don't know what else I can add.
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Denis

Post by Denis »

Dear all,

apologies for the slow follow-up. Things were rather hectic for some days... Please accept my belated but absolutely heartfelt thanks for all your prayers, support, kind words and thoughts. They really and truly helped!

Mama managed to reach her 90th birthday, and yet also to avoid dying on it, on her grandaughter's birthday or on mine - considerate, as always, to the end! She passed away very peacefully and without pain, thanks to the wonderful care of the hospice and nursing-home staff - I don't know or understand how they manage to radiate such love, dignity and good humour, considering what their their vocation asks of them every day, but they all do it, and I am thankful for them.

My father, my brothers and I were able to be with my mother at the end. We could not have wished for a better exit for her. Apart from the Alzheimer's in her latter years, she had lived a good, happy and fulfilled life, so we rejoice now in the knowledge that she is free of the illness, and doubtless in a much better place. The fact that her passing also frees up a nursing-home place for another patient and their family who need it is another consolation, as were the many family members and friends who seemed to pop up out of the woodwork with happy, sometimes touching, stories and funny memories of my mother and how she had brightened others' lives, sometimes in ways we had never noticed or heard about.

Thank you all so much for your support. Now go and tell someone you love, that you love them!

Denis

PS: This was the New Testament reading (2 Timothy 4:6-8) that my father chose for my mother's funeral:
For I am already being poured out like a libation,
and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have competed well; I have finished the race;
I have kept the faith.

From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me,
which the Lord, the just judge,
will award to me on that day,
and not only to me,
but to all who have longed for his appearance.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It sounds perfect, considering. We should all be so lucky. That said, I know you are hurting and I am very sorry.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.