Connie And Kim

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
FelixEstrella

Re: Connie And Kim

Post by FelixEstrella »

skb12172 wrote:Plus, he was too touchy about frankly discussing race because of his South African baggage.
Uh. What "South African" baggage would that be? Being told by the Afrikaaner government that blacks are bad and to go to the border and kill as many as you can? That baggage? Perhaps he was more sensitive to "race relations" than most on this board, but examining the remains of a 16 year old kid, pressed into service for SWAPO at muzzle point, after he'd been hit by a 20mm round may just do that for you. YMMV.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

FelixEstrella wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Plus, he was too touchy about frankly discussing race because of his South African baggage.
Uh. What "South African" baggage would that be? Being told by the Afrikaaner government that blacks are bad and to go to the border and kill as many as you can? That baggage? Perhaps he was more sensitive to "race relations" than most on this board, but examining the remains of a 16 year old kid, pressed into service for SWAPO at muzzle point, after he'd been hit by a 20mm round may just do that for you. YMMV.
You seem to make his point. Somebody who'd gone through that might have trouble discussing the situation in this country. The two don't really relate at all.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Anything that resembled calling out facts of race relations and who was responsible for what, based on impartial things like FBI crime stats, tended to get quickly shut down. Some kind of scolding from him, or ban threat from Connie, would often follow.

Clearly you are his boy and I've touched a nerve. So be it. He was human like the rest of us. He wasn't a saint or a god. That said, he did a lot of good during his run. I also think he recognized his time had come and gone. That speaks well of him that he accepted it with good grace and rode off into the sunset.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

skb12172 wrote: Clearly you are his boy and I've touched a nerve. So be it.
Funny. No, not his or anyone's boy ... but I am South African. So perhaps I can see his perspective.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

took a shiny new Redhawk 45 Colt/45ACP home today. I blame Kim.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

blackeagle603 wrote:took a shiny new Redhawk 45 Colt/45ACP home today. I blame Kim.
I think I hate you, just a little. Need some 300 grain bullets?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

It depends on your definition of "need." :)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

FelixEstrella wrote:
skb12172 wrote: Clearly you are his boy and I've touched a nerve. So be it.
Funny. No, not his or anyone's boy ... but I am South African. So perhaps I can see his perspective.
Having been exposed to trauma doesn't give you any magical right to veto facts.

We don't do safe spaces.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Fill

Post by Fill »

as someone who was banned by Connie more than once, I sincerely hope the prognosis is wrong and she's able to recover.
Ban-Hammer Cancer
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

I'm going to be in the Dallas area this weekend, and have been planning on stopping by the du Toit's to pay my respects. Connie is not doing well at the moment.

For those of you so inclined, prayers would not be out of order.