Connie And Kim

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Windy Wilson

Re: Connie And Kim

Post by Windy Wilson »

What G-man and Rightisright said.
I only knew them through their blog, but they held thoughtful, interesting and thoughtfully arrived-at opinions, even when I disagreed strenuously.

Photo of ammo stash to follow.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Praying for Atheists is just fine. If they are wrong, they get all the help. If you are wrong, you'll never know.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

A stop at my LMoD on the way home today resulted in one 4473, lightening of the cash reserves and a net gain of a Ruger “Convertible” Redhawk .45 Colt/.45 ACP, 4" barrel, stainless, 1 ea.

(pending 10 day CA wait)

I blame Kim and the significance o' the hope in this day's dawning.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Just a reminder, but National Ammo Day is next Saturday.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Rod

Post by Rod »

Their lives have been filled with problems and challenges. I remember how much fun that weekend of the Nation of Riflemen shoot was. I also remember that it is because of them that we have this group and I have many friends on here and in real life. May Connie pass peacefully and with as little pain as is possible. May whatever being they believe in bless them during this time.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Bob K

Post by Bob K »

I've had the good fortune to have met up with Kim and Connie on several occasions over the years.

Connie could be tough to get to know, but Kim always described her as his muse. Personally, I liked her, and they always appeared to be very much in love.

Last time they drove through Chicago, they stayed with us.

My sister died of cancer several years ago, and it was rough watching the decline.

Regardless of their beliefs, they are in my prayers.

May G-d hold them both in the palm of his hand.
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Precision

Post by Precision »

I fucking hate Cancer. Dawn and I were lucky, we had 2 years of knowing she would die of it. We lived accordingly, as our budget allowed. Then due to lying motherfucking, covering their own incompetency and felonies doctors, we only had 2.5 weeks notice of her death from the metz to her pancreas.

I wish Connie a passing that is quick enough to avoid the incredible pain that can be there, but let her live so long as she is ok with the quality of life. I watched Dawn take her last breath. It was peaceful and she was very ready. I hope Connie has the same.

Did I mention, I fucking hate cancer and the God complex motherfuckers who ... oh I should stop before I go full rant.

Kim's TOS site, fanned a fire that had lit under my ass when I decided to evacuate NYC. Meeting you guys and the others who have fallen away has been a great thing. I am in their debt for that, if for nothing else.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rod

Post by Rod »

Just a quick story. How many of you went to the NoR meet in Plano years ago, hosted by Connie and Kim? 40 people, so many guns they filled a standard size bedroom. The Saturday mud shoot, Sunday's massive storm, the dinner and talking. One of the most enjoyable weekends shooting I've ever had. My wife had never been much of a shooter but she enjoyed spending the time at the range with me. She was apprehensive about going because she pictured a bunch of rednecks talking nothing but guns. When we were driving home, she made a remark that was apt for that group and this sub group. "I was expecting a bunch of guys who would talk of nothing but guns. I heard conversations about politics, religion, books, movies, comics, child rearing, just about everything. That was fun." That's stuck with me ever since. The gun culture is so diverse that you get just about anything from it. I thank Connie and Kim for getting so many like minded people together and for helping bring many new shooters into the fold.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I was there with my son. Great weekend, and I enjoyed visiting with everyone, including your lovely wife.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I was certainly no fan of hers and vice versa. I was also close to being banned on a couple of occasions for no apparent reason. That said, I am sorry she has been ill.

Kim had his day, and it was a spectacular day, but due to his enabling of Connie's moods, he had jumped the shark and was bleeding readers. Plus, he was too touchy about frankly discussing race because of his South African baggage. He once told me to take my attitude to Stormfront for merely sharing a fact from an FBI fact sheet.

I''m grateful to them both for getting me back to the noble sport and increasing my knowledge base, but it was time for them both to retire from public life.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.