Connie And Kim

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
blackeagle603

Re: Connie And Kim

Post by blackeagle603 »

a sad thing... sadder still to be reminded of their black hole of hope for eternity. Kim and Connie's writing was of great value to me as both a diversion while dealing with back and nerve pain that had laid me low and an intellectual stimulant and sharpening. I'm thankful for them and wish them peace and comfort in the days ahead.

May God interfere in their hearts and minds in her remaining days, open their eyes to grant hope, faith, repentance and humility to accept Christ's free gift.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yeah, looking at that ammo stash... Kim reignited in me a love of shooting and reloading that had lain dormant for a while. The first slip into the abyss was crossing the threshold of the LMOD for the first time in years and spying an immaculate wood and blue BHP 9mm. The rest as they say is history. It's been a groundhog day like blur of filling out and refilling out 4473's and DROS forms ever since. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The new safe purchase that followed filled up quickly until going empty again after the boating accidents. The new and improved loading bench with additional presses remains...

His greatest service may have been the Nation of Rifleman webpage, logo and T-shirt. I met Flintlock first out in town when we spied each other wearing the same shirt. I haven't stopped to count the number of new shooters, owners and RKBA supporters I've had the priviledge to add to the NoR.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

God have mercy. This has been a hard year for this sort of thing.
Termite

Post by Termite »

JustinR wrote:Damn, damn, damn. :( I've never met either one of them personally, but this still makes me really sad.
Well, I did. I bought Kim's 6.5 x 55 rifle that he used to shoot Boomer targets with, back in the day.

And I have taken numerous deer with it, and a hog or 2.

I liked Kim; had numerous discussions with him on the old Forum, and privately on email. At times, we agreed to disagree.

Connie...........not so much. She nearly banned me a time or two. I forgave her, based on her medical history.

And if her illness is terminal, I wish her a swift and painless passing.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

Catbird wrote:I don't have the time or inclination post a pic of all the guns I lost in that terrible boating accident, (still raw), but here is what my ammo closet looks like:
Heh.

You're a piker. And I say that in a nice way..... ;)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Several years ago, I discovered that an ex-girlfriend had passed away the previous year; ovarian cancer. Several years before that she'd had extreme surgery and the cancer seemed to have been licked. But then it came back and it was all over.

Cancer fucking sucks!
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Guncrazy

Post by Guncrazy »

Well, shit. Again.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Kim had a great influence on me. I transformed from a casual gun owner to a rabid collector and staunch 2A supporter. I wish Connie a speedy and painless passing.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I'll pray for them both, even if they don't much care for the process. Kim helped me meet you guys by providing a forum. I will always be thankful for that.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'll pray for them both, even if they don't much care for the process. Kim helped me meet you guys by providing a forum. I will always be thankful for that.
Likewise and likewise.

Trip to the range yesterday to renew membership.
Trip to LMOD to see what instruments of liberty may be on hand worthy of purchase on the occasion of the day. Something worthy of a spot in the safe next to the nickel S&W kitgun purchased the day Heller came down...