Mind if I bitch for spell?

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Aaron

Mind if I bitch for spell?

Post by Aaron »

So, I posted awhile ago about the gun store my partners, wife, and I opened. The reason I haven't posted any real updates about our endeavor is because it has turned entirely to shit. Like an idiot, we made our initial investment with only a verbal contract to share ownership. Originally, it was my wife's and my best friend who wanted to open our own business and his wife, not much of an enthusiast for guns or work in general, was only tangentially involved while wifey and I were to provide both the business and retail acumen and the firearm expertise. Then we decided to get a small business loan so when we filed for our business license. his wife having the best credit rating of the four of us, was named as sole proprietor with the understanding we'd reorganize eventually, and in the interim just share profit and decision making. You see where this is going. Turns out, she is a classic narcissist. Not only has she cut everyone else, including her husband, entirely out of any and all decision making, she has consistently failed to demonstrate even a basic grasp of book keeping, retail, firearms, or even just talking to customers without alienating them. We moved up here to Oak Harbor on New Year's Eve, turning down jobs offered to both of us, leaving a nice three bedroom house to be stuck in a bedroom at their house, and sunk twenty-five grand into this, now it's mid-October and we haven't seen so much as a dime.

We're at the point where I don't know what to do, other than lawyer up and sue. Which is lose/lose because like most narcissist she has the world convinced everything was accomplished by her (in reality what have gotten done was in spite of her) and that she is the victim in any dispute. So, in this small town, if we have to sue, we'll certainly win, but be screwed anyway because our entire customer base will believe us to be the villains.

And to top it off, we've been income less all year.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
JustinR

Re: Mind if I bitch for spell?

Post by JustinR »

Well...damn. Sorry to hear man.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

There is sorry I am for your trouble, Aaron.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Rod

Post by Rod »

Sounds like you trusted others too much, a common failing in business ventures. I don't know what you can do except drop out of the business, let her credit rating go to shit, and try starting on your own somewhere else. If a suit will get you some money, do it; but get the hell out of Dodge right away.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

cut, pasted and posted privately to a lawyer friend here in SoCal (coincidently a former resident of Oak Harbor, a Queer driver at the time)...

His off the cuff response:
a good litigator will end her haughtiness and expose the truth - it can even be done in such a fashion as to make her look like the bad guy she is -

Look - a GOOD lawyer will tell this person - you want justice - get a priest. You want money - I'm your guy.
I've got a lifelong buddy in Seattle that's probably worth a call for an initial consult. Pretty nasty, effective litigator and plays a blackpowder cowboy on weekends (SASS). Not sure if it's worth his time or your expense but he'll figure that out quick and won't steer you wrong.

PM if you want to connect with him.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

he goes on to add:
really. it ALWAYS easy to prove someone did not do everything they said they did - I mean you start with a list of claims - and work their way through the day - what time did you get up - when did you shower - eat. toiler, how long, take care of kids? commute, regular chores at work, snack, break, get their phone and data records, go through those, basically crawl up someone's rear

thats when you discover the BS. so - according to my records you worked 372 hours that week - adding sleep - you spent 444 hours working and sleeping in a week that mathematically has 168. . . explain that.

since their answer will be defensive, they'll give you even MORE information that you can use- its just about having a plan of attack - starting it - then adapating to the enemies moves - basic infantry tactics.

It also is like fighter tactics - you make a move - its countered you then need to decide what to do three moves later -
so you get that one low deflection shot that rams that sidewinder right up his ass
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Sorry to hear about all this. I hope you hire BE's friend and get as much of your money back as possible.

Maxim 30 comes to mind.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Netpackrat wrote:Sorry to hear about all this. I hope you hire BE's friend and get as much of your money back as possible.

Maxim 30 comes to mind.
Raking their house with .30 cal Maxim fire may be cathartic but won't get him his money back. :mrgreen:
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Kommander wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Sorry to hear about all this. I hope you hire BE's friend and get as much of your money back as possible.

Maxim 30 comes to mind.
Raking their house with .30 cal Maxim fire may be cathartic but won't get him his money back. :mrgreen:
I think that would fall under Maxim 27. Or maybe 37.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Fuck them with the court system.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.