Severe Tactical Error

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

Severe Tactical Error

Post by Rumpshot »

I committed a tactical error yesterday in my planning. We arrived into San Diego via I-8 at 5 PM yesterday afternoon. The freeways do have busier times, but not much. Fortunately it was I-8 not the I-15 or I-5. It was a straight shot down the freeway and get off in Mission Valley.

My wife and I came to attend the USS Coral Sea, CVA-43, 2016 Reunion. Will be here til Sunday morning, then a breakfast date with friends in Poway, a stop at the Laguna Mtn Rendezvous at the Mataguay Scout Reservation and then home again.

I was aboard the Coral Sea in 1971-1974, we did two combat cruises to Viet Nam during that time. Hope to meet up with some of the guys I knew onboard the ship.

We have not joined in the tours that have been offered, we lived here for 16 years, but will join in the dinner tonite and tomorrow nite.

Today I do have a lunch date with BE603.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
SoupOrMan

Re: Severe Tactical Error

Post by SoupOrMan »

Have a great time!
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
evan price

Post by evan price »

The 8 isn't usually that bad especially compared to the 5. I took pch from San Diego to LA and it was a nice drive even in traffic.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Lunch yesterday with BE603. Gonna have lunch today with tcourtplayer. Life is good.

Not meeting up with folks I would like to see at the reunion. Guess they could not make it. :(

Have met up with a FB friend and a guy I met at the Las Vegas Reunion who knew/was a friend one of my shipmates that passed away a year ago.

Business meeting in an hour. Then lunch in Old Town. Hope to get into the "small stores" and pick up a proper cap and maybe a shirt.

We had a good crowd at the buffet dinner last night. Expect a bigger crowd at the dinner tonite.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona