Life update 9.29.16

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Precision

Life update 9.29.16

Post by Precision »

I am making a big change. Yes, I know, don't make any big life changes for at least a year after a huge catastrophic event.

The thing is, the wife and I were attempting to get out of here. We wanted land, we wanted out of this BS environment where we know most of the dirt on most of the players... Not to mention, she told me, the usual female suspects will NOT be willing to play with me as most of them know her, know our relationship and know they will pale in comparison. She told me to go find unsuspecting women. Have I ever mentioned that woman knew me and I love her?

I am not getting land. That is currently on hold. Without roots and without her income, currently not a possibility. In her company I could live anywhere. Without her, I am going to have to figure some things out before I put down the kind of roots to buy 20+ acres. But I digress.

In just over 2 weeks, I am moving to Nashville(ish). I went up there about a month ago and Oleg Volk took me on a tour of potential employers. That went well. I have 2 confirmed employers a possible 3rd and a company that is interested in possibly licensing a design or two of mine. So off to Nashville I go. Dawn suggested I do this. Move up the food chain in the gun industry - pursue my passion that I put on hold to assist her. She also suggested I needed out of this areas for the above and many other reasons. I completely agree.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I am leaving the Gunshine State and heading up to TN. I will likely be renting a 3/2/2 so any wayward travelers would potentially have a place to crash while in town or traveling through. More to follow as my saga unfolds.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rumpshot

Re: Life update 9.29.16

Post by Rumpshot »

I have other friends in the Nashville area and have plans to travel through that part of the world next spring. Look forward to checking out your new digs.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

That's beautiful country. I was recently visiting an hour north of Nashville, in southwestern Kentucky and was struck by how nice the land and scenery is there. Really, beautiful, rolling hills. I'd bet that there is lots of game there, and land should be reasonable if you want to put down roots.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
BDK

Post by BDK »

I have family in that area - there's remarkably cheap, fertile, land in that area... Though, I suppose farming might not be the easiest/best career to try to take up, unless you have more experience with it than has been mentioned.
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote:I have family in that area - there's remarkably cheap, fertile, land in that area... Though, I suppose farming might not be the easiest/best career to try to take up, unless you have more experience with it than has been mentioned.
Almost zero experience at farming. But yes the land and soil are supposed to be great. I plan on (2 year horizon) saving my nickles and buying 20(ish) acres. Might do a little self sufficiency farming then.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Precision

Post by Precision »

Rumpshot wrote:I have other friends in the Nashville area and have plans to travel through that part of the world next spring. Look forward to checking out your new digs.
I would love to have you. Any news on the AZ thing this year? That's coming up soon isn't it?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Precision wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:I have other friends in the Nashville area and have plans to travel through that part of the world next spring. Look forward to checking out your new digs.
I would love to have you. Any news on the AZ thing this year? That's coming up soon isn't it?
It is coming up soon. Last weekend in Oct.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Glad to hear that things are moving forward. I'm in western NC, similar area, it's nice. My life is a wreck now, but if you find yourself this way and want someone to get a drink, coffee, or meal with I'll make time for you.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I'm about 2 hours south of Nashville, and get up there a couple of times a year. Let us know when you get settled and have a regular schedule. (I don't. Our idea of long-range planning is "the next 15 minutes.)

But I owe you at least a drink, for the great deal on the 7mm bullets!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Precision

Post by Precision »

I may well take you guys up on the invites. I need to increase my circle of meat space friends. No better place then to do that then here.