I need to vent

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

I need to vent

Post by Rod »

I need to vent. This year is slowly taking on the aspects of a major train wreck. In early April, my doctor set me up with an appointment for Necrology at Beaumont Army Hospital because the protein levels in my urine were too high. At the end of April, I experienced stomach cramps and went to the emergency room. After a CT scan, they told me I had severe Diverticulitis and gave me anti-biotics. Two weeks later, same thing so they doubled the anti-biotics. Finally go to the necrology appointment and the doctor goes over my history since birth it seems. She looks at the scans and comes up with some surprising things, the kidneys are okay. I have spots on the lower lobes of my lungs, my Prostate has grown larger again (after two TURPS 3 years ago). Oh yeah, there's a lump on my gall bladder. I get an appointment with Pulmonary and Urology. Also scheduled an appointment with Gastrology to set up a colonoscopy. Pulmonary doctor says the spots are common in desert area (dust you know) but he wants a full CT scan of the lungs. I get that, then have my Urology appointment. Doc says we can leave it alone, do another TURP, or take meds to shrink it but he wants a flow test. Have my colonoscopy and endoscopy, yep severe Diverticulitis AND Gastritis. Oh yeah, the colonoscopy I had 8 years ago, they knew then I had Divirticulitis and didn't say anything. Meantime, I have a lung capacity test and the full CT scan of the lungs; go back to Pulmonary where the doc tells me I've got beginning COPD (after 50 years of smoking) and the lungs are okay but they're going to take CT scans every 6 months for two years to look for changes. I pass the flow test for Urology with flying colors and the doctor thinks it's a bad idea to operate again on the Prostate. So I end up with medicine number 7. I also have an ultrasound of my chest and they don't see much. Meanwhile, I visit my doctor about a quick rundown and to order new prescriptions. While there I mention that my shoulders are getting more painful. She diagnosed me with rotator cuff injuries in both shoulders. The exercises have stopped working and I have about 50% range of motion in my right shoulder. I go in for an x-ray of the shoulder Friday and, since I'm feeling poorly, go to the emergency room. You got it, another Diverticulitis attack. While she's checking me out, doctor notices sensitivity in the area just below the center of the rib cage. She sends me for another, more full ultrasound. She comes in to go over results and issues me anti-biotics again. She then gob smacks me with the advice that I have a lump in my kidney but they don't know what it is. I have to make another appointment with my doctor and I have another visit with Necrology in 15 days.

Meanwhile; the city, the county, the school district I'm in, the county hospital, the storm water district, and the community college are all raising their tax rates. On top of that, the school district wants a 660 MILLION dollar bond issue to correct problems left by the previous administration, some of whom are in jail for rigging state test scores. At the same time, the electric company, the gas company, and the water/waste disposal company are raising THEIR rates. I'm going to be paying around $5,000 in taxes on each of the two homes ON A FIXED INCOME. Right now, I have around $3,500 dollars in the bank. Can't sell either/both home(s) because one is 30 years old, the other is 50 years old; and people want new homes. Besides, I'd also be putting my daughter and grandkids out on the street.
Then we have the political scene which scares me and pisses me off. Ringo's The Last Centurion reads like a countdown to the future.
Sorry to lay all this on you but I'm actually getting a little depressed and needed to vent. My wife isn't exactly the one to vent to since she's going through this with me. Thanks for listening, wish me luck, and know I ain't done fighting.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Re: I need to vent

Post by Rumpshot »

Dang Rod, that sounds like a shit sandwich.

I know you hinted at most of this the last time we spoke. Sorry it seems to just keep on getting worse. Of course with the pending election, either way it does not look good.

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Post by randy »

Vent away! Every little bit helps.

Hang in there compadre. Best wishes coming your way
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Good luck Rod !
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, we're finally starting to see some glimmers of light here, after years of crap. I hope you see better times soon.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Been kind of a rough couple years health wise at TGC. Hope you are able to get your health under control and are feeling better soon, Rod.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I'm sorry to hear you're having these troubles, man.

Also, don't let Cybrludite or HTRN know you're going to the Necrology department. They'll start sending you ancient books in near-unintelligible languages to consult when the stars are right or something. :mrgreen:

We're here for you no matter what, Rod.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Er, I mean best wishes for a quick recovery.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Best wishes, Rod. Kick some ass.
Rod

Post by Rod »

To top it off, the anti-biotics leave a bad taste in my mouth so water even tastes weird. AND I took one of the cats in for a checkup, he's got feline lukemia. Which probably means the other two have it also. Can 2016 end today?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist