Yesterday didn't quite go the way we planned it

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
First Shirt

Re: Yesterday didn't quite go the way we planned it

Post by First Shirt »

What's that old proverb? "If you want to make G-d laugh, tell Him your plans."

Glad it worked out for all concerned.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote:What's that old proverb? "If you want to make G-d laugh, tell Him your plans.".
It's Yiddish actually, "men make plans, and God laughs.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Something about that pup's stance, its chest and forelegs ,says "pit bull mix" to me.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Darrell wrote:Something about that pup's stance, its chest and forelegs ,says "pit bull mix" to me.
I think you may be right. I do want to get a genetic analysis done. Some pit thrown in there would explain the slightly shorter snout.

That may be a neat mix though. As muscular as a pit, but with the German Shepherd intelligence. I don't mind pit bulls, I think that they can be good dogs, but they're pretty ugly.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Netpackrat wrote:You seriously named a dog after a member here?
Wife named Draven while I was on deployment. It means "hunter" or some such nonsense, since she would bring my wife mice that she killed in the backyard.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

WELL DONE!!!! Well done indeed, sir!
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

That is a cute pup. Funny how the right one shows up when needed like they do.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Just for fun, we got a genetic analysis done at the vet. It came back yesterday.

One parent was full blood German Shepherd.

The other was a bit of a mutt, mostly Australian Cattle Dog, with some boxer, and more mutt, including terrier and mountain dog (both below the detection threshold).
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Congratulations on the new family member! Our teeny Yorkie has been gone for a couple of years now, and we both miss her. She was a sweetie, and a lot of fun for a little dog. She was the last puppy Linda kept, as she was so small and cute. Now we just have our Papillon, who is twelve years old, and getting deaf. She also has only three legs, her front right one being amputated due to multiple fractures, the last of which refused to heal, even after the usual (for her) plate and screws. I call her "the most expensive dog in the world." Three surgeries on the front right leg to insert plates and screws after breaks, and then the amputation. One on the front left leg, plate and screws. If she's not the MOST expensive dog, she is damn close... My SIL, who bred her, now has her own tiny Yorkie, and we've been saying lately it would be nice to have another dog. SIL says we're first in line if she breeds her Molly. We're in a condo, at least until I retire in 7 years, so big dogs are right out. I still have to stay away from the Petco adoption area, and the ASPCA/Humane Society are right out. I'd have no control, and we'd be up to our ears in dogs. I'm fairly certain another Yorkie is in our not-so-distant future. Once we leave the condo, I'm going to press for a Shepherd, I've wanted one since I was a little kid.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.