Weird month ahead - empty nest trial

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Weird month ahead - empty nest trial

Post by Weetabix »

My oldest and youngest daughters are still at home. Son moved out last year. Middle daughter married last year.

My oldest and youngest are taking a graduation trip to the UK for all of August. It will be the first time we've ever had an empty house for that long. I'll miss them, but I'm kind of looking forward to it, too.

The youngest has been doing most of the cooking for a while. She made us a lasagna and left us a list of suggested menus so we'd be OK while she was gone. It's kind of cute that she thinks we need tending. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Re: Weird month ahead - empty nest trial

Post by randy »

Weetabix wrote: She...left us a list of suggested menus so we'd be OK while she was gone.
Suggested menus to prepare and cook from? Or suggested menus to order carry-out/delivery from? :D
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote:
Weetabix wrote: She...left us a list of suggested menus so we'd be OK while she was gone.
Suggested menus to prepare and cook from? Or suggested menus to order carry-out/delivery from? :D
Ya know... my wife just told me it's there; she didn't tell me what it said. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Enjoy!!!!

Take the opportunity to chase The Missus around the house in her delicate hand-washables. Have a stout drink, and a cigar.

And don't forget about chasing The Missus around the house in her delicate hand-washables!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom