Update(s) From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
308Mike

Update(s) From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Post by 308Mike »

Folks, Precision (John) asked me to post this update regarding his wife's (Dawn) deteriorating condition (from his Facebook account):
Dawn Faust Bibby is going home.

Not just from the hospital. She is going home to God.

The short version of the long story. Her cancer has bloomed yet again despite being on Afinitor. From what we could see in the lymph nodes and the lung response, she was getting better / the tumors were shrinking. Unfortunately, there is no way to see the liver and the doctors all agreed at least 2 months was needed to see definitive changes in tumor size. Well, due to some complications after Dawn's thoracic procedure, we got those scans. Again, long story short-- the Afinitor did NOTHING to the liver tumors. They have nearly doubled in size over the last 2 months. More importantly, they have metzed smaller tumors through out the liver and these have almost completely blocked off the bile system.

Without getting into the gritty details -- no treatment exists to fix this and her liver will likely die in the next week or two. She will then die (without a working liver). There is no other way to put it. She is likely being transported from Miami to Rockledge. She has a bed reserved for her at the Hospice facility on Eyester. For those who would like to pray over Dawn, see Dawn one last time. Please see her there starting late Sunday or Early Monday. We are not sure yet. ----- Please also realize she will be medicated and her abilities will decrease as the toxin load builds in her body.

Thank you for your love and prayers
EDIT:

I just received this from Precision (writing for his wife):
Precision typing for Dawn:

I believe that the Lord God is building a heavenly army to pray for, to protect and to facilitate his will on earth. I also believe that I am being called home to serve in this capacity. Do not lose heart or be discouraged. God always has and continues to have a plan for me and my soul. We are entering into very tumultuous times for human kind and God will be utilizing me in this new capacity. Recently, he also has called home some of the finest souls I have ever met.

In my recent recollection, God has called home many others who believe as I do. That tells me Jesus is on the move. He has not sat in high heavenly places, ignorant and uncaring for the suffering of mankind. His heart continues as it has though out history to focus and deeply love each soul that he has conceived. Our time here on earth is not the reality, but the preparation for this true calling. Our time here on earth was but a foreshadowing of what is to come.

With politics the way they are, hatred among the nations, he needs each person who is willing to commit to the work at hand which is to love, to give, to build community, to realize that each life matters and has always mattered to him.

This will be the last post I will be making on Facebook. My legacy account will be managed by Precision, who has managed so much. I have been blessed. I have finally been deeply loved and look forward to the hope of what is to come.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Re: Update From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Post by Rod »

I already made my goodbyes to them on Facebook. I can only say that I was lucky enough to have 36 hours with them when they stopped at Casa Linkous during their road trip. A brave woman fighting with everything she had joined with a brave man who supported her unconditionally. You could see the love in their faces. God speed Dawn, may your last days be as pain free as possible and John, may your faith keep you strong.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent, wish there was more I could do.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

God be with you.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

May you both find the strength and comfort you need. God bless you both.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

My prayers for Dawn and Precision. I am so sorry.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you both.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Prayers said for you both.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Every day is a gift and tomorrow is never promised. It was good meeting y'all when you came through. My deepest condolences and best wishes to you both.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

John_in_Longview wrote:Prayers said for you both.
+1