Update(s) From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Update(s) From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Post by Combat Controller »

Requiescat In Pace
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

The ones at peace are the ones who go. The rest of us learn to carry on in their memory, and keep those memories alive, until we find peace. May you take the time to come to that understanding and that peace. God blesses you both.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Sorry to hear...
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Condolences. May God grant you the peace which passes all understanding, and may he let you feel that grace with which she overcame life's final hurdle.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
BDK

Post by BDK »

I don't remember if you're still in FL or not, but I'm in Miami on Sunday. I planned to fly out on Monday, but that can be changed if you need someone to talk to about cooking or guns or something other than grief and loss. I don't know if you'll read this or not before then, but if you need a break, let me know.
pediem

Post by pediem »

I am so very sorry for your loss.
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote:I don't remember if you're still in FL or not, but I'm in Miami on Sunday. I planned to fly out on Monday, but that can be changed if you need someone to talk to about cooking or guns or something other than grief and loss. I don't know if you'll read this or not before then, but if you need a break, let me know.
I am almost able to meet you. I have some arrangements to make and need to drive a buddy to the airport, but almost. I have to head down to Miami in the next few days to give the hospital a lava enema. Well actually, I have to back the Nursing Supervisor who is / has ripped a new asshole in someone who cost my wife 4 hours of her life and untold amount of misery through shear apathy. A story I will tell later. It almost got me to lose my cool.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

My goodbye, cross posted from FB

As I take a moment to breathe. My life, my love, my Dawn has left us for the richness of Heaven. My heart screams in triumphant joy at the thought of her meeting Jesus and sitting in the splendor of God’s Kingdom. I know she is being introduced to God’s Army by her Grandfather “Pop”. Her pain has been replaced 1000 fold with JOY. My heart and eyes overflow with tears.

In that same moment, I look into the mirror and see half my soul ripped asunder. That which was so deeply rooted is now gone. My soul cannot but scream for the loss of such an intimate connection. As it keens for the loss of its mate, a faint velvet warmth blossoms. An ethereal kiss I can’t quite touch, but tendrils of my wife caress me with hints of peace and exaltation.

My soul sighs. God has her and I have been given a final gift my love. It will take time, but I sense the faint wisps of the promise of PEACE.

Thank you Dawn
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

You seem to be one of the fortunate few who've managed to find their soul mate. I can only imagine what you're going thru, and not very well at that. My wife/soul-mate and I will keep you and yours in our prayers, along with the rest of you loved ones.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'm sorry, John. I have no words, but I wish you eventual peace in all the good memories.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D