And now there are two.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
toad

And now there are two.

Post by toad »

There were three half brothers and one half sister. The youngest half brother died of an overdose and wasn't missed much by anyone.
Today my half sister died in a hospice riddled with cancer. She was the one beloved by all in part because she struggled so hard against her mental illness. She fought the cancer for several years. I was talking to the other members of the family and we all remember her most as a young girl. It is as if she never got a chance to finish growing up. As she left her teen years she started to suffer from schizophrenia. We didn't quite understand what was going on with her in those years. However she managed to stay married and raised two boys.
There is a certain amount of bitterness about the slowness of the medical insurance dragging their feet on treatment and diagnosis of her cancer until it was pretty much two late. She really wanted to kill off the cancer in her brain.
She'd had a double mastectomy but is apparently was too late. It eventually got into her bones and her brain She got bone spurs on her spine and her neck bones got very brittle. She had to wear a collar to keep from breaking her neck It got too painful for her to swallow her pain meds so she was moved to the hospice so they could be given intravenously.
"There is no balm in Gilead, there is no rest in Nepenthe"
Denis

Re: And now there are two.

Post by Denis »

My condolences, toad.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Condolences.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Sorry for your loss, toad.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I'm sorry for your and your family's loss, toad.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Condolences, and prayers sent for all of you.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
toad

Post by toad »

She was half Irish, so I'm blaming Dennis. :D
I refrained from telling her that they had bobbed the points off her ears when she was a baby. She would probably have believed me.
Strange, she was a crazed pagan so she ended up married to a Christian minister. :?
Thanks for the prayers everyone.
Denis

Post by Denis »

toad wrote:She was half Irish, so I'm blaming Dennis. :D
I refrained from telling her that they had bobbed the points off her ears when she was a baby.
Hey, no making jokes about the Wee Folk. There's some in all the best Irish families...

Glad to see you can find something to crack a smile about, toad - keep hold of happy memories!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Condolences. It sucks, but it's good you're able to joke about it. May the peace that passes all understanding be with you and yours.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Condolences on your loss. She sounds like she was an interesting person.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop