Family Cruise

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

Family Cruise

Post by Rumpshot »

Fly out to Orlando tomorrow morning, spend the night at Disney World, then board the DCL Disney Fantasy on Saturday at Port Canaveral. Seven days and we will return to Port Canaveral and fly home. We will visit the Eastern Caribbean ports of Tortola and St. Thomas, then a stop at Castaway Cay on our way home.

The Mrs. inheritance from her sister made this possible. We are taking our kids and grandkids along. We have paid for the cruise and travel to and from, now they have to pay for the extras they want.

I may have internet access, not quite clear on that part, yet. Will not have cell phone.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
MarkD

Re: Family Cruise

Post by MarkD »

Cruises are great fun, my favorite way to vacation. St Thomas is beautiful. First time I went there we had an excursion to Magan's Bay Beach which is on everyone's top 10 list of most beautiful beaches, and it was RAINING. I said screw it, I'm going in the water anyway.
randy

Post by randy »

Have fun!

Write if you find work! :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Y'know, one would think you'd have gotten your fill of floating around in large bodies of salt water! :lol:

Have a great time, and be safe!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Precision

Post by Precision »

You will literally ride by our house on the way. Any way we can buy you a beer and a burger or something while you guys are here?

Dawn would really like to see you guys again.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

First Shirt wrote:Y'know, one would think you'd have gotten your fill of floating around in large bodies of salt water! :lol:

Have a great time, and be safe!
Wasn't my idea.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Precision wrote:You will literally ride by our house on the way. Any way we can buy you a beer and a burger or something while you guys are here?

You guys have a full plate, and we are tied to the Cruise Line bus schedule. Will probably get visited by our niece tomorrow evening, but her cousins will probably be out and about somewhere. Do wish we had a little more time so we could visit.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Be sure to report back on the quality of midrats.

Limited to Connie's green beans and pancakes or is there sliders and soft serve available?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Post by Precision »

Rumpshot wrote:
Precision wrote:You will literally ride by our house on the way. Any way we can buy you a beer and a burger or something while you guys are here?

You guys have a full plate, and we are tied to the Cruise Line bus schedule. Will probably get visited by our niece tomorrow evening, but her cousins will probably be out and about somewhere. Do wish we had a little more time so we could visit.
So close and yet so far. Really wish it could have worked out to see you. Oh well. Hopefully we can make it happen when Dawn is feeling better.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Got home last night. Pretty good cruise. Couple of hiccups along the way, but they mostly got ironed out.

Spoke with Precision, at pretty good length, on the phone on Saturday morning before the cruise. Dawn is not out of the woods by any means, but she was doing better.

Too much catching up to get done. Did not hear anything aboard the ship about the Dallas shooting and guess where our layover flying home was.

I did wave at Termites work site since we cut the corner across the Gulf on our way home. Appeared to make landfall at the Mississippi delta.

The cruise was Port Canaveral, Tortola, St. Thomas, Castaway Cay, back to Canaveral.

7 days without a data plan or cell phone.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona