Doctor consult Update 6/30/16

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

Doctor consult Update 6/30/16

Post by Rod »

Report on health. Protein levels were high in my urine so my doc sent me to nephrology. Kidney function is fine but the CT scan they did for my diverticulitis showed my prostate had enlarged again (thought they pretty much destroyed it) and I have nodules on my lungs. The nodules are common in El Paso, probably from the dust. Soooo, I'm waiting for a urology and a pulmonary consult. I swear I'm going to ask them to use laser surgery on the prostate this time. That up the wazoo cutting is terrible. I also didn't know a prostate that went from a football to a golf ball could grow back.
Last edited by Rod on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
toad

Re: Doctor consult

Post by toad »

I just hope you can avoid having to self catheterize. Prayer up.
Rod

Post by Rod »

toad wrote:I just hope you can avoid having to self catheterize. Prayer up.
Last two the catheter kept shifting so I got pretty good moving it back in place. Learned to sleep with a pillow on my crotch since the cats thought that was the expressway. If they decide reduction is in order again, I'm going to ask to see an outside doctor (I'm in the Army hospital system under Tricare) and have it done with laser surgery. Twice up the whiz kid has pretty much damaged the whole system. Understand that's a LOT better option.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Good luck, Rod!
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Best wishes!
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Prayers sent up from ALL FOUR of us (2 humans + 2 cats). We're really hoping things resolve to your absolute benefit! I wonder if you'd get the same Dr. conclusions if you came out to our local VA medical-center/hospital in La Jolla? And if you got admitted, then you could say you stayed for FREE at an overnight establishment in La Jolla, CA!! Whatever the reason, it's ALWAYS a DAMNED GOOD IDEA to get at least a second opinion before ANY major invasive surgery. But since you're older than I am, I'm quite certain you already know that bit of info! ;) :D :D

<<Praying for a GREAT outcome>>
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Good luck, Rod.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Update
Pulmonary on 8 June
GI on 15 June
Urology on 11 July.

I figure I'll have a colonoscopy sometime after the 15th and I plan on telling Urology I don't WANT them sticking things up my peepee again for the Prostate. See if I can wrangle an outside consult with a urologist who uses laser surgery. I'm off the Diverticulitis antibiotics and my stomach is doing much better tyvm.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

God bless!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Best wishes, Rod!