Gave Notice Today

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Darrell

Re: Gave Notice Today

Post by Darrell »

Yesterday was my last day. They had a going away party for me... I'd asked the boss to keep it small, so it was just people in my department. Had a cake, people told funny/embarrassing stories about me. Boss said he hopes I'll come back for busy season this fall. If the place still exists, I might, I dunno...

An old friend who was laid off from management there told me I should apply for unemployment. He said I should claim a hostile work environment, that I'd probably get it even though I quit voluntarily.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Darrell wrote:They had a going away party for me...
You got a party?! :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:
Darrell wrote:They had a going away party for me...
You got a party?! :shock:
I'm sure one was held for you, too.... Image
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

More like, because of me. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Just checkin in. How's it hangin? Hope you're doing good.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

McClarkus wrote:Just checkin in. How's it hangin? Hope you're doing good.
Oh, I'm fine, thanks for asking. Haven't done anything too exciting... went for a drive around town today, visited some areas I hadn't been to in a long time. I used to be a west sider, hardly ever get over that way any more, so I visited some old haunts. West side looks quite hippyfied now, even more than when I lived there. Manitou was Manitou, of course. ;)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

HTRN wrote:Well, today was the last day.

Unfortunately, the NYPD gave me going away present. :x
What???
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Failure to come to a complete stop :roll:

McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I got one of those at Texas A&M in the late 70's. I was coming out of the apartment complex parking lot at 8ish on a Monday morning while riding a bicycle. He asked me for my drivers license and I giggled. Mistake. Sign here. I argued that I was headed to class on a Mon AM and should get brownie points instead, to no avail. Went to court and got convicted - Bastards. Later went on to to my own career in that realm but by then a book of tickets would last me a whole year or more, partly because of that incident.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.