Dallas road trip

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

Dallas road trip

Post by Rod »

Wife and I are headed to Dallas on May 11 and returning home May 15. I'm a delegate to the State Republican Convention and we're staying at the Sheraton Dallas near the convention center. Anyone know of good restaurants in the area? I'm not talking burger joints but restaurants with some class to them. Anyone in the Dallas area, I know I will be busy listening to the hot air but we might be able to meet one evening.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
dfwmtx

Re: Dallas road trip

Post by dfwmtx »

Classy & not-burger joint. Two places on Greenville Ave. I can recommend. Kostas' Cafe for Greek food, and Royal Thai for Thai. Want to stuff yourself full of protein and don't mind paying for it? Head north to Addision and go to Fogo de Chao on Beltline. And the name "Breadwinner's" is coming up from my memory, I forget what kind of fare.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Rod

Post by Rod »

Thanks for the tips. the Greek and Thai places are about 5 miles from the hotel but wife's looking at the menus. The Bread Winner's might be a nice breakfast place one day.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

If you go to Kostas, I recommend the dolmas. If you go to Royal Thai, I recommend the fried banana dessert.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia