ALS Sucks

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
rightisright

ALS Sucks

Post by rightisright »

My lady's mom is in the end stages of ALS. Podunk MDs in rural Washington didn't diagnose it correctly for over a year. She finally went to Seattle and got the correct diagnosis. Not that it really matters much since the only medication available will just prolong her suffering, in my opinion. She is signed up for an experimental trial, but it doesn't look good. She currently has a feeding tube in through her belly button and can barely talk.

Angie is very close to her mom. This is devastating to her. She lost a sister to cancer a few years back and she still cries about that. She is a very empathetic person who loves to work with the elderly. She has a heart of gold... there isn't a cynical bone in her body. She is everything that I am not. I guess that's why we work so well.

She quit her job last week and is moving out to WA to take care of her mom and dad. I'm bringing her to the airport at 5 AM tomorrow morning. I, of course, told her to stay as long as is necessary. I just hope this doesn't break her.

So any thoughts or prayers for her and her mom would be appreciated.
Last edited by rightisright on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Re: ALS Sucks

Post by Greg »

Done, fwiw.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Denis

Post by Denis »

Done. Best wishes to you all.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I wish them both strength and peace.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

My brother in law passed from that about ten years ago. Yeah it sucks
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

After a long and painful struggle, Angela's mom died peacefully in her sleep last night. Any thoughts or prayers for Angie and her family would be appreciated.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

rightisright wrote:After a long and painful struggle, Angela's mom died peacefully in her sleep last night. Any thoughts or prayers for Angie and her family would be appreciated.
Prayers sent.

May she rest in peace and Rise in Glory.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Prayers, for you and her sent.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

May she rest in peace.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Prayers for her to rest in peace, and for you and the family to be comforted.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!