Small town politics

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
308Mike

Re: Small town politics

Post by 308Mike »

Just what EXACTLY constitutes an expired prescription? If you're trying to cut down on your narcotics (like the Dr. wants), then WTF are you supposed to do with your extra pills each prescription (awaiting incredibly idiotic response from the DA's office).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Unless he pussies out, I think this is ultimately going to work out very well for him. I was right. It is Nifong 2.0.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The prosecutor is evidently bucking to get disbarred, if not prosecuted by the state AG or the district US attorney's office.
This guy's got a pretty good case for official corruption going as it is. 3-1 once the subpoenas from the feds go out, the local police chief turns state's evidence to avoid prison time. And if the judge looks like this
then I'd say the FBI already knows who'll be standing without a chair when the music stops.

I would nail down the popcorn concession near the courthouse.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

If someone is such an addict, I would think that they would actually take the pills and not leave them sit expired.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Netpackrat wrote:Damn. I started out not feeling much sympathy for the guy, but that's just ridiculous.
I know the guy, his wife and daughter. I wouldn't pour liquid shit on him if he was on fire. However even people as morally reprehensible as him deserve a fair trial and fair and accurate prosecution, and if falsely accused should.burn the accuser to the ground.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
evan price

Post by evan price »

Family was at daughters soccer game at park. Cops show up and arrest husband. Turns out accuser was at park, called police because he was in violation of restraining order to be at least 1000 yards from her.
Bailed out of jail on bond again. Few days later he gets arrested again. Stopped at grocery store. She was there, he never saw her, gets arrested again. Bonds out.
On way home from court after he gets pulled over and arrested. Turns out her house is within 1000 yards of court house. Now prosecutor wants $100k cash bond. Pushes for judge to remand. Instead judge amends order to reduce distance so now he won't be arrested if he is at courthouse and orders house arrest. The prosecutor isn't happy and now wants $25k cash bond for house arrest.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

1000 yards?! :shock:

That's over half a fucking mile! :roll:

How the hell is he supposed to comply with that?

Yeah, this is blatant railroading and somebody needs to go to prison over this.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HTRN wrote:1000 yards?! :shock:

That's over half a fucking mile! :roll:

How the hell is he supposed to comply with that?

Yeah, this is blatant railroading and somebody needs to go to prison over this.
AGREED (most likely the prosecutor is also boinking the wife - no wonder he doesn't want the hubby anywhere near. Time to hire a PI)!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
evan price

Post by evan price »

UPDATE!!!!!!

Discovery was filed and received. The defendant's attorney got a big box of records and etc. from the prosecution. In the box was a recording that I think they didn't want to include in the evidence. It was a video & audio recording of the interview of the accuser, the prosecutor, etc.

The gist of it goes like this:

Accuser: "Why did you have me come in? We did everything together. It was all consensual. I don't understand why you're calling me to come in."
Prosecutor: "Because you need to work with us. We need you to tell us what happened. And in return we can work with you."
Accuser: "But I love him. I want him to come back. Why are you calling me a victim?"
Prosecutor: "Oh, you are a victim, honey. He did these things to you. And we can make him pay."
Accuser: "I just want him to come back. I don't know why he won't call me. Can I just text him?"
Prosecutor: "No, you can't text him. We will make your felony case go away. You just need to work with us."
Accuser: "I just texted him again. I hope he calls me!"

It's as clear-cut a case of prosecutorial misconduct as anything I've seen since the Duke Lacrosse case. They are literally writing stuff down for the accuser to rewrite in her complaint. They are coaching her what to say.
Doesn't affect the scumbagginess of the defendant. However it's sickening how the politics works.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It seems clear that the people are going to be the real winners here, given that one dirty prosecutor and a would-be dirty prosecutor are having their misdeeds dragged before the public eye in excruciating detail.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop