Putting Up the Flag

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
randy

Putting Up the Flag

Post by randy »

Sent to me by a friend:

Putting Up the Flag
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Re: Putting Up the Flag

Post by First Shirt »

Thanks, Randy!

(Damned allergies!)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

What the flag means, in simple terms:

The rules and culture of the nation that flies this flag applies wherever this flag may be seen. If you disagree with these ideals, feel free to lower the flag, but be aware that there are those that will take objection to that. Because that is what a flag on a pole means. Bring your beef, and we can discuss this with fists, knives, guns and bombs, till we nuke 2 of your cities because fuck everything your flag stood for, and we will raise ours high over the rubble when we are done.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Because I believe in what it symbolizes and nobody can take that away from me.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I fly the flag, cuz I can. It took several months after the house was built and we had moved in before I chose the location and found the iron gas pipe that is the flagpole. Now I have several flags that rotate periodically when one gets a bit tattered.

I fly the flag at half staff when the governor or the president says I should.

I fly the flag cuz I am proud of my flag. I served that flag while I spent 24 years in the Navy.

Like the gentleman in the video, I fly the flag cuz I am proud to support my nephew, friends, and friends sons and daughters that are in the military.

I fly the flag cuz I can.

And because I might piss someone off!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

In the old neighborhood I used to blow colors on my bugle at 0800 as i put up the flag on national holidays (and many Saturdays). Had several neighbors (a couple WWII vets and a VN vet) who would come out on their porches and wait for me, then stand and salute for colors.

Got so that if I forgot on Veterans or Memorial Day one of them would come knocking to roust me while the others waited.

I started at this house but had a high strung neighbor lady who didn't appreciate being woke before 8.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Rumpshot wrote:I fly the flag, cuz I can. It took several months after the house was built and we had moved in before I chose the location and found the iron gas pipe that is the flagpole. Now I have several flags that rotate periodically when one gets a bit tattered.

I fly the flag at half staff when the governor or the president says I should.

I fly the flag cuz I am proud of my flag. I served that flag while I spent 24 years in the Navy.

Like the gentleman in the video, I fly the flag cuz I am proud to support my nephew, friends, and friends sons and daughters that are in the military.

I fly the flag cuz I can.

And because I might piss someone off!
+1 There was an old utility pole on the property when I bought it. That pole is now a flag pole 44' tall and it supports an 8 x 12 ft American flag on holidays. Hanging inside the shop are several tattered flags that have occupied the pole before. I like it that way.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.