Previous Memories?????

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Termite

Re: Previous Memories?????

Post by Termite »

Yesterday was the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta.

Maybe you were one of the barons at Runnymede......... :D
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Jered wrote:[spoiler]Everyone remotely connected to Sean Bean dies in Game of Thrones.[/spoiler]

Have you read anything about Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain?
Nope - never even seen any episodes of the show/game. If I had, & I continued to watch it, it might have made some sense. But I haven't seen even one episode, nor watched anyone play the game. Now you know why I'm so perplexed.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Termite wrote:Yesterday was the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta.

Maybe you were one of the barons at Runnymede......... :D
Cute thought, but more than likely I might have been just a grunt in the Civil War - which side, I have NO idea. :D

EDIT: But I'd LOVE to find out!!!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Termite

Post by Termite »

308Mike wrote:..... more than likely I might have been just a grunt in the Civil War - which side, I have NO idea.
Mea. :?

As a Southerner, my $.02 worth is that anyone who tries to defend antebellum slavery, as practiced by the South, is on a fool's errand. You just can't. :roll:

However, that doesn't mean the South didn't have legitimate complaints.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Termite wrote:As a Southerner, my $.02 worth is that anyone who tries to defend antebellum slavery, as practiced by the South, is on a fool's errand. You just can't. :roll:

However, that doesn't mean the South didn't have legitimate complaints.
You have no idea how much I would LOVE to know where & WHOM I was fighting for!!!! I just have NO CONTEXT for the fraction of memory which popped into my head while waking up. I KNEW I was in active combat, couldn't see too well, was seriously wounded, & wanted to take as many as possible with me while I died. I have no concept of clothing, uniforms, and/or weapons other than crying out for my sword.

For all I know, it could have been some long-lost battle from ANY of the armies from Roman times to WWII. I would LOVE TO KNOW MORE!!! Unfortunately I can't provide a rewind in my memory (I damned sure wish I could, if for nothing else but myself).

This is something I NEVER would have thought would happen to me. I WISH I KNEW THE CONTEXT - but my memory was short-lived and fleeting, and I wasn't able to bring up any kind of context from my memory.

I WISH I KNEW who who I was fighting!!!