WTF

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Flintlock Tom

Re: WTF

Post by Flintlock Tom »

As this proceeds maybe you should go back over this thread and try to imagine how your comments will sound when read out loud in a court room.
We, here, appreciate your eloquence, but, the members of the jury or the judge may not share that admiration.

Anyway, It sounds like a "slam-dunk". I would think you would be able to find a lawyer willing to take the case on contingency.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

How would they ever tie him to this site?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

skb12172 wrote:How would they ever tie him to this site?
I don't know. But, that doesn't mean it can't be done.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Flintlock Tom wrote:
skb12172 wrote:How would they ever tie him to this site?
I don't know. But, that doesn't mean it can't be done.
I think it'd be pretty tough for somebody connected with the case to do a search of the internet, and somehow find TGC and connect the two. It would probably take somebody here... By knowing the general area, and observing court filings, it might be possible to put two and two together, and put copies of this thread (along with some of Aesop's other postings) into the hands of the defense.

It'd still be a lot of hassle and time involved. He'd have to have really pissed somebody here off in order to provide sufficient motivation for that kind of thing. Outside of a dozen or so members, I can't think of anybody that would describe.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Netpackrat wrote:It'd still be a lot of hassle and time involved. He'd have to have really pissed somebody here off in order to provide sufficient motivation for that kind of thing. Outside of a dozen or so members, I can't think of anybody that would describe.
Given our disagreement over the legality of trading pesos and Pirates of Penzance performances for pizza I considered it, but when I googled "Dipshit General Hospital" I could not find anything in the area.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

They could read everything I wrote aloud in open court, and I wouldn't give a flying fuck.

The problem they're going to have defending this case is that they have neither the facts nor the law on their side, and I'm willing to undergo the process until the mills grind out the inevitable result.

Beware the wrath of a patient man. :P
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I wonder if this is a set up. Your posts on eh-hobolah, may have stirred the pot so to speak. Ya think I'm just being paranoid?
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I can be pretty paranoid myself, but yes, I think you are being paranoid. Even if you are correct, this was a pretty clumsy way to try and get him. When the dust settles, he will prevail.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Well, I certainly hope you do prevail Aesop. My prayers are with you.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

This is someone with a tenuous grip on sanity running to momma because they have to work with normal people, and it frightens them.

This is why clinical rotations are generally a weed-out for the batshit crazy people, like the kid who shot up the theatre in CO.
If there is any other angle/explanation, the only person who knows it already has too many voices in their head in that conversation to share it with the rest of us.

This is what happens when grown adults are allowed to use the two three-year-olds in the back seat version of "Mom, he's bothering me!" and elevate it to legal status.

My role is merely to provide the consequences for that sort of happy horseshit. 8-)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"