Dr. Appt.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

Dr. Appt.

Post by Rumpshot »

Well get to check-in with the sawbones today and find out the limits of my parole.

Hopefully released from the half-way house. Hopefully the rubber hose up my nose will go away. Those two things will make life much more comfortable. Taking a dozen or so heart meds and having to crush the pills does not always work as well as it could. The slurry plugs up the hose occasionally and that is NOT good. I will be disappointed if I have to stay on soft foods, but can tolerate that better than squirting the liquids through the hose.

The house is getting into the final punch-list of things to finish up. Hope to be looking at a certificate of occupancy this week. We are planning for the Daughter and grandsons to be there for Christmas. Going to be a mish-mash between the two houses, but we can make it work.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Re: Dr. Appt.

Post by blackeagle603 »

must be good drugs. Even I am seeing double. ;)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

"They" locked the wrong thread! The other one was WAY better!

:lol:
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Dang computer was playing games with me this morning. I expected someone to come along and clean up after me in due course.

The Tube is gone. Got the green light to come home. Dog is beside herself, literally that her Daddy is home.

Could have the final inspection/occupancy permit as early as Thursday.

Thursday is also another trip back to the big city to see the Radiation Oncologist. He will be busy blowing smoke up my ***. I may elect to receive radiation, but not wanting to at this point in time.

Looking forward to a bowl of tomato soup for supper!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Great news!!

Tomato soup is AWESOME when all you've been able to have is hospital slurry through your nose tube!!! I'm assuming that's one of their recommended foods to help your digestive system start getting used to foods which are a little more difficult to digest? After all, they don't want you to have the runs immediately after you are able to start eating solid foods (gently, a little at a time). They DO NOT want you to immediately run out and have a rib-eye with baked potato, salad, and broccoli, right? HELL NO!! I'd want to start you on some soup too (with PERHAPS 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich - and that's pushing it, you can have all the soup you want, but no more sandwich until we know how your body handles it).

Sound about right? ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Believe it or not, even canned tomato soup is salvageable, it just takes some chili sauce (Sriracha works great!) and some shredded cheddar cheese. Cook it until the cheese melts, add rooster sauce to taste, and enjoy.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Precision

Post by Precision »

Congrats on the tube. Congrats on going home. Congrats on almost having a done custom house.

Things are looking good.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Mike the only restrictions I have on diet are not to scratch the "new" throat surface and cause a bleed. The local ENT and ER would not be able to deal with it.

Tomato soup was my desire.

In fact the PA gave me permission to eat whatever I wanted with the tube. Just don't clog it up.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

We're very happy you're recovering so well!!

As usual, if you need anything and we can help, please let us know (although my right shoulder still isn't working so well - can barely raise my arm above my shoulder, and is incredibly painful at certain angles - AND IT WOULD BE MY RIGHT SHOULDER, the one to catch the recoil of anything shoulder-fired, unless I start learning to shoot left-handed).

As much as I hate to say it, I think shoulder surgery is in my future (and I've had knee surgery and KNOW about how well cut tissue does around major joints). Even so, if there's anything we can do to help (and the same offer applies to Precision and his lovely bride), please let us know!

Semper Fi!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad