My new venture

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
MarkD

Re: My new venture

Post by MarkD »

Highspeed wrote:I've got two bronze hammers, a large one for belting the crap out of things, the other a small tapping stick for setting up machine work.
I like bronze because it's soft enough for most jobs but doesn't deform as much as lead or copper.

Good news on the casting sand, the cat litter is definitely bentonite clay - prepared some yesterday by shaking the large granules in a plastic jar half full of marbles to break them down into powder.
Got to find some nice fine sand next, that shouldn't be too hard - in theory anyway :?
My Dad was a seaman on a ship carrying acetone, he said all the tools were bronze. You do NOT want a spark on a ship full of acetone.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Denis wrote:HTRN, you forgot the rawhide and rubber hammers!
No I didn't - I was only talking about metal hammers.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

MarkD wrote:
My Dad was a seaman on a ship carrying acetone, he said all the tools were bronze. You do NOT want a spark on a ship full of acetone.
That stuff is amazingly volatile, I used to keep it around for fiberglassing use and bedding jobs. The cap always went straight back on the bottle after use...
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song