Brag about your kids here!

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
skb12172

Re: Brag about your kids here!

Post by skb12172 »

Outstanding!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I have four children.
They are the best.

I don't feel the need to bore you with details, just take my word for it.
The Best.

:D
Sold the house, moving out next week. All the kids came over to the house they all grew up in one last time.

If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Herdon was last week and so was graduation ar Boat School so the younger boy is no longer a Plebe and now a Third Class Midshipman.
randy

Post by randy »

Darlin' Daughter graduated High School tonight. 4th in her class of 221 (not so high that she had to give a speech ;) ) GPA 4+ (I'm still old fashioned enough that anything over a 4.0 doesn't seem real to me, or necessary), honors diploma, bunch of scholarships (no full ride, but every little bit helps).

My words to her as she walked off the stage next to our seats were "Great Kid! Don't get cocky!" :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Kudos to all the graduates.

Daughter #1 finished up Occupational Therapy Assistant training. Last day of clinicals were yesterday bringing an end to the 4 years of training. Puts her one step closer to a "real" job and being able to support me in the custom to which I've grown accustomed.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

2015-05-28 22.07.27.jpg
Took my daughter flying last Saturday (she just turned 6 months). She was quite concerned the entire flight, but shed not a tear. That's a win in my book...
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Netpackrat wrote:Loves his kitty.

So, the kitty had a stroke and had to be put down a few months after this picture was taken. For now we've refrained from getting another cat until we are out of this house. Yesterday, the boy was sitting on my lap, and looking at pictures with me on the laptop. He spotted the icon for this picture and asked to look at the kitty, so I opened it up. I said she was a nice kitty, and I miss Cinnamon. He replied, "I miss Cinnamon, too." :cry:

Later, they were both on my lap, when I noticed a camera in reach on my desk, so I took this:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The "fish store" is always a big hit.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

The daughter I started this thread with graduated college on Saturday. Summa cum laude with a 4.0 and Honor Society.

Youngest graduates HS next Saturday. She hasn't decided about college yet, so she's planning to take a year off.

I won't have any kids in school for the first time in many years. It will be odd, but slightly liberating.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Congrats, Weet. On the one hand, it's nice to see a kid not wasting money on college without a plan, but on the other hand, I hope she comes up with a plan and goes. If you're not in school at that age, life has a way of happening, and making it harder to get back to school later. Or even if you are in school, sometimes. :mrgreen: