Some days, I just love my job...

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Cybrludite

Some days, I just love my job...

Post by Cybrludite »

So. At 16:30 they let us know that a major new piece of software was going live at 17:00. This was the first that the NOC or the Hell Desk had heard of it. The email with the troubleshooting info we need to support it arrived at 16:58. In the sage words of Treebeard, "There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery." tableflip.gif :evil:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jered

Re: Some days, I just love my job...

Post by Jered »

How about showing up for work only to be told you have to go somewhere else?

Oh, by the way, the employer is responsible for furnishing all of the transportation...but, they didn't.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

My pesonal favorite, engineering coming to me at 5 pm telling me they need a new prototype tomorrow, and it would take a coupla hours at the least to setup and make. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

Job scheduled for 11pm involving shutting down a line one month ago. Requires getting tickets opened, work relined, operators shifted, manufacturing and production control approval, many hoops to jump through.

5pm day of job. Project manager called off sick. Emails go out the job is postponed.

8pm day of job. Work stops at shift change.

9pm day of job. Contractors cut power to old machines. Literally.

10pm day of job. I get email asking about support times for job. Respond that job was postponed per email so and so.

1005 pm. Get response WHAT postponed email? They have had power disconnected an hour, when were we starting?

1010 pm. Call all the people's. EVERYone.

1015 pm. Suddenly I am brevet project manager.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

For some reason people seem to think email is a more reliable system than it actually is.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop