Kim's GoFundMe

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Netpackrat

Re: Kim's GoFundMe

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:He never did say what it was I did to be declared persona non grata.
He might not know.
I'm pretty sure I figured out what it was, and take some unhappy satisfaction from having been proven right by subsequent events. Unfortunately the initial event he was gloating over, and which I disagreed vehemently with him about, ended up being a total, unmitigated disaster for both Alaska and the US in general.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Netpackrat wrote:
Greg wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:He never did say what it was I did to be declared persona non grata.
He might not know.
I'm pretty sure I figured out what it was, and take some unhappy satisfaction from having been proven right by subsequent events. Unfortunately the initial event he was gloating over, and which I disagreed vehemently with him about, ended up being a total, unmitigated disaster for both Alaska and the US in general.
Was that a Palin thing?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Greg

Post by Greg »

scipioafricanus wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:
Greg wrote: He might not know.
Was that a Palin thing?
Probably a Ted Stevens thing. Oddly, helped make Obamacare possible.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote:Probably a Ted Stevens thing. Oddly, helped make Obamacare possible.
Bingo. Kim wrote a blog post in which he was gloating over Ted Stevens being indicted by the DOJ. I was kind of vicious in my response. I didn't usually comment on his blog, so it took quite a while before I discovered that I no longer could. I was still able to post to the forum, and not one word was said about any of it. It wasn't until this place was started that somebody pointed out that my account had been moved from "friends" to "NF" (the other three members of that classification were Princewally, Chris Byrne, and IIRC Rivrdog) and that it was intentional, not some glitch.

Of course, the charges against Senator Stevens were false, and eventually thrown out of court entirely by the judge due to prosecutorial misconduct. Unfortunately, they resulted in what should have been an easy re-election victory becoming a very narrow loss. That got the dems to 60 in the Senate, and was the final vote necessary to get Obamacare through the Senate.

So yeah, congratulations to the asshole, and I hope he got what he wanted out of it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop