Coins Galore

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Re: Coins Galore

Post by Weetabix »

That would be my reasoning, but you never know what people like to spend their time on. 8-)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Check the half dollars. 1965-70s are 40% silver and worth over $2.50 each right now just in their silver. Up till a few years ago some of the collectors I read would still order large quantities of rolled half dollars from the bank so they could search through them for silvers and 40% coins, with a moderate degree of success.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Rich Jordan wrote:Check the half dollars. 1965-70s are 40% silver and worth over $2.50 each right now just in their silver. Up till a few years ago some of the collectors I read would still order large quantities of rolled half dollars from the bank so they could search through them for silvers and 40% coins, with a moderate degree of success.
I've done that a few times. The best I ever did was about $50 worth of silver in one box. It really wasn't worth the time and effort to me. One of my friends and his dad still does them. You're better off in small towns. Friend's dad found a box of mostly Walking Liberty and Franklin halves. Friend's best score was over 90 40% coins and 15 90%ers. I got him started in it, so he gave me 10 40%ers.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Those dimes, if they are 64 or older, are silver. I think it's 14X face value for melt today but I haven't been following spot as closely as I used to.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I'm going to mooch off this thread for a couple of special coins.

Among the silver dollars were two older coins.

1803 Potosi Mint (Bolivia) 8 Real coin, VG-F condition

and a well worn 1574-1640 vintage coin a touch larger than a susan b anthony dollar (but thinner). I know its a Bolivian 'real' but haven't found its denomination. It is fairly worn but also was one of the (by modern standards) roughly stamped coins. It also has a small hole in it so it may have been on someones necklace at some point.

Something like: this one

Any thoughts on the best way to both get a value and potentially sell them?

Thanks