How are our LA friends?

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Denis

Re: How are our LA friends?

Post by Denis »

Netpackrat wrote:Glad you are okay, thanks for checking in.
+1. Glad no-one in your family was hurt; material stuff can be repaired or replaced. Best wishes for the aftermath and the cleanup.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I'm using electrolysis to remove rust and then cleaning and oiling with Break Free CLP. I'm using up a good bit of oil, patches and bore brushes. Anything someone could send would help.
I put my address in my profile.

My friend Tom makes Tom's 1/3 Mix (stock wax) and is sending me some to help save wood stocks.
http://thegunstockdoctor.com/

My 74yo Mother who lives on social security, who just lost everything, was denied any assistance from FEMA. They told her that she makes to much money. :shock:
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Good to see you're okay, Candyman, sorry about your family's predicament, though.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Candyman wrote:I'm using electrolysis to remove rust and then cleaning and oiling with Break Free CLP. I'm using up a good bit of oil, patches and bore brushes. Anything someone could send would help.
I put my address in my profile.

My friend Tom makes Tom's 1/3 Mix (stock wax) and is sending me some to help save wood stocks.
http://thegunstockdoctor.com/

My 74yo Mother who lives on social security, who just lost everything, was denied any assistance from FEMA. They told her that she makes to much money. :shock:

I'll put together a little care package for you. What is running best down there? UPS, USPS, FedEx?

Do you care which version of Break Free?
randy

Post by randy »

Candyman,

Be on the lookout for deliveries from Amazon between the 30th and 2 Sept. Break-Free and a bag of cleaning patches coming in 2 separate orders.

Hope they help
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Prayers to all y'all down there in the flooding. Hope your family's situation gets better Candyman.

And as for FEMA, sideways, with a burning supertanker.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Be on the lookout for another package from Amazon. Estimated delivery is this Friday.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Thanks y'all so much for the help.
UPS and the Post Office are back on track
I just finished up a Marlin Mod.60 for a coworker and have a S&W Mod. 10 stripped down.

Family is in from out of town at my Mom's house gutting it. Tomorrow will be my first real day off in some time. When I get off today I will be going to Mom's to help. I already have a friend coming in, after we dry out the house, to spray to kill all the mold.
Looks like Mom will be living with me for the next few months while we repair her house.
I have a friend that has offered to take her shopping next week to buy her some clothes.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Some asshole RINO down in Lafayette want to force the Cajun Navy to undergo training and pay a licensing fee??????? :shock:
randy

Post by randy »

Candyman,

I've been notified both packages have been delivered (today, got notification that cleaning patches "Your package was left near the front door or porch. "). Break-Free delivered Friday

Please confirm or let me know if I need to yell at Amazon.

Thanks
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".