Shotgun under rifle

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
thatguy

Shotgun under rifle

Post by thatguy »

I was reading Chris' blog post titled The Right Weapon for the job and the part about shotguns sort of stood out for me.
We need a short barreled (14-16"), 4-6 shot, 12ga pump shotgun with a pistol grip and effective folding or telescoping stock. This weapon should be modular in nature, and be able to be dismounted from it's stock and underslung on the basic assault rifle with the proper bracket.

speedloader compatible.
I don't really get the idea of putting a shotgun under a rifle. Could someone explain this and provide a few examples?

There is a such thing as a speed loader for a shotgun?
1991A1

Re: Shotgun under rifle

Post by 1991A1 »

I own an AK and a 590. If I was busting through doors in Bad Guy town I would want the 590. While making my way through the streets to get to the Bad Guy door I would want the AK. This device would allow me the comfort and capability of both.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Thank you for the information.
Oh and here's the full bullet point
I cut it up intentionally. I've got a thing about using entire quotes.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Just slightly off topic but could you post your pictures of the Pelosi Heart Attack shotgun that you made up...thanks...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Ask, and ye shall receive!

I've heard that they're in testing, I'm hoping to find one with a stand-alone stock in the sandbox for my team.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I think he was talking about Chris' Feinstein Memorial Assault Shotgun:

POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

How do those shotgun speedloaders work?
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Spells

Post by Spells »

308Mike wrote:I think he was talking about Chris' Feinstein Memorial Assault Shotgun:

Legal in Chicago!
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

CByrneIV wrote:Shotgun Speedloader

The utility of an underslung shotgun is in doorbusting; both in blowing a lock (like the masterkey), and in clearing rooms. I'd certainly rather have an underslung shotgun indoors than a grenade launcher.
Chris, we had the grenade launcher under the M16 as well as the M79 "Blooper" guns and at that time there were a number of different shells available for them...white phosphorous (WP), illuminating flare (IF), high explosive (HP), anti-personnel (AP) and a shotshell loaded with I believe 00 buck which was designed for bunker clearing and such...

The trouble with them was in getting off a second shot if necessary so the guys would always transition to their auto rifles but even that took time to accomplish...Those of us who had Uzis just did the house clearing while the M16s were for perimeter defense...We would rotate the guns so that one wasn't always doing the dirty jobs...

It was a simple procedure, house clearing...two guys, one on either side of the door, one would kick in the door and both would throw grenades into the room and after the explosions go in high and low and shoot anything still standing...It would nothing for each of us to be carrying ten or twelve grenades and six to eight extra mags…

Thankfully, the Arabs didn’t do any booby trapping (to any great extent) like the Germans and Russians of WW2 did or the Viet Cong but then again they really didn’t have the time to as the Israelis also used the German Blitzkrieg method of assault and in most cases they were too stupid to do the work necessary…How an army can be trained when 40 to 50% of their force is completely illiterate is beyond me and my hat again goes off to Mikhail Timofeevich for designing a firearm that even they could use…

If the shotgun was a semi auto it might work but a pump obviously wouldn't...The problems I could foresee would be in the positioning of the gun for firing unless they would be trained to use their left hand on the trigger of the under slung shotgun…It would seem to me the only feasible way of doing it…
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!