NY: Giving young guns a shot

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
308Mike

NY: Giving young guns a shot

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni
Giving young guns a shot
State law lets 14-, 15-year-olds hunt big game with adult's help

By ALAN WECHSLER, Staff writer
First published: Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BALLSTON SPA — Randy Collins turned the .32 special Marlin rifle over in his hands, admiring the gun he would shoot for the first time when hunting season begins locally on Nov. 15.

"I've never really looked at it before," said Collins, admiring the primitive figures his grandfather had etched on the 45-year-old stock years ago.

The gun means a lot more to Collins, 15, than it may have a year ago. Until recently, he would have had to wait until he was 16 before shooting his first deer. But thanks to a law approved by Gov. David Paterson in July, 14- and 15-year-olds are now able to hunt big game, albeit in the presence of an adult.

More..............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Glenn Bartley

Re: NY: Giving young guns a shot

Post by Glenn Bartley »

That's nice. It is about time NY started easing up on some of its super restrictive gun laws. This is a good start. My son has already been hunting for a few years and he is only 18. Small game hunting was permited for kids younger than 16 for a while.
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/