CVA Electra BP Rifle

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
SeekHer

CVA Electra BP Rifle

Post by SeekHer »

I came across this in another posting—shades of Remington’s Electronic rifle but I don’t think the same fate will befall it as it’s been around for a few years now…

CVA Electra BP Rifle

Kinda classic lines…
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
First Shirt

Re: CVA Electra BP Rifle

Post by First Shirt »

Yuck!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Why?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

The idea of a muzzle-loading rifle that runs on batteries is really disturbing.

I don't have a problem if someone wants to use one, but don't tell me it's a "primitive weapon", or expect special considerations for hunting seasons. It's a muzzle-loader for people who can't or won't learn to shoot a muzzle-loader. Just like compound bows are mostly for people who can't be bothered learning to shoot a bow.

If that's what they want, fine by me, it "neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg ." But I don't have to use it, and I damn sure don't have to be impressed by it.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Faster ignition is one thing but what they're tauting as the cat's meow is that it doesn't require #11 caps or shotgun primers to shoot, so for a SHTF rifle it should be a good deal if and when primers are exhausted...so no dependence on those but now you have to rely on batteries, instead--batteries that have a much shorter shelf life then primers do...

I commented that now I have to hoard batteries instead of rocks that can spark...sorry, survival situation, I'll take a flintlock, thank you very much...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

SeekHer wrote: I commented that now I have to hoard batteries instead of rocks that can spark...sorry, survival situation, I'll take a flintlock, thank you very much...
+1

I can always find a rock that will spark, and both my flinters work well with 3Fg powder as a primer. Push comes to shove, the rest is doable, as well.

Besides, how embarrassed would you be if everyone found out you missed an easy shot 'cause your batteries were dead???? :oops:
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

My trade gun works well with FFG for both the charge AND the pan.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I opened up the flash hole on my Tennessee rifle a bit, and it works well with 3Fg for both charge and prime, but it's noticeably slower to fire using 2Fg for the prime. Since it groups equally well with both 3Fg and 2Fg as main charges I just use 3Fg for both. Less stuff to keep track of (and/or lose in the woods).
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Finally, a rifle as reliable as my computer...uh, oh. :roll:
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Erik

Post by Erik »

If I could I might get one just to mount it with a laser sight and show up with it at the next BP shooting event. Just to see the look on peoples faces.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne