CVA Electra BP Rifle

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Dedicated_Dad

Re: CVA Electra BP Rifle

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

WARNING: :jacked:

I've wondered about piezo-electric for BP ignition...

Thoughts?

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
randy

Post by randy »

Erik wrote:If I could I might get one just to mount it with a laser sight and show up with it at the next BP shooting event. Just to see the look on peoples faces.
Your are a totally sick individual. Probably why I like you! :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:
Erik wrote:If I could I might get one just to mount it with a laser sight and show up with it at the next BP shooting event. Just to see the look on peoples faces.
Your are a totally sick individual. Probably why I like you! :mrgreen:
That, and he buys the beer!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

If you're worried about percussion caps, don't forget that NPR showed us this a while back.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Don't sweat batteries. Buy a case of those crank powered flashlights, inlet one of their dynamos into the stock. Extras are for eventual replacement. Crank it up before you go out, it should hold the charge for hours (my little emergency crank flashlight gave me bright output weeks after charging it up). You could also wire in the LEDs.

Just think of it as the modern equivalent of winding up a wheel-lock.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Dedicated_Dad wrote:WARNING: :jacked:

I've wondered about piezo-electric for BP ignition...

Thoughts?

DD
I'm not sure, but it's been done before, at least in experimental form, decades ago. Hell, they experimented with inline rifles before percussion caps were invented(with little luck, I might add).

I just wish Remington, Savage, T/C, etc would come out with a smokepole like Ultimate Firearms BXP. It uses a 45 Win mag case as a carrier for a Magnum rifle primer.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt