Upgrading shotgun(s)

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
SeekHer

Re: Upgrading shotgun(s)

Post by SeekHer »

[quote="snarky"]I didnt buy it yet. I came home to google it before I committed. Its blued with nice satin wood furniture. Its used and I didnt ask about choke tubes (need to do that). I takes 2 3/4 and 3" shells.[quote]

See, if you can talk him down a little in price like to $725 or $740 AND/OR throw in a few boxes of shells, a canvas/leather gun slip/case...

It comes std. with three choke tubes--IC, M & F maybe get him to add the IM or XF also called a Turkey choke...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I saw on CZ's website the other day that they make/sell semi auto shotguns. Has anybody heard any good or bad reports on them?

http://cz-usa.com/products/by-category/shotguns/

I'd be curious about the 712 Utility model. Hmmm, doing a quick look around, they're made by Huglu in Turkey. I guess that's to be expected.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
ZeroGravitas

Post by ZeroGravitas »

If you can find a used A303, get it. Darn near a cult gun; reliable, stoutly built, recoil absorbing...all good for birds and targets.
snarky

Post by snarky »

Ok I bought it- they would not haggle- they dont normally carry that gun they said- someone had traded it for something.

I got to shoot clays with it this past weekend and its a great gun. So far I am quite happy.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Congrats. A new gun is always a time to celebrate.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.