NEF?

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Lokidude

Re: NEF?

Post by Lokidude »

I have the Pardner Pump (full barrel, not the Protector) and it's plenty functional. In the past 4 years, it's bagged birds and busted plenty of pigeons, had a couple thousand rounds through it, and still running strong.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
snarky

Post by snarky »

You said you bought it primarily for home defense, not for shooting game birds.

Is it reliable enough to bet your life on when you need it? A Mossberg 500 isn't expensive, and is very reliable.
Put another way: Would you buy your wife/girlfriend/mother/sister a Lorcin .25acp and feel you had given her sufficient protection?
So you think NEF = Locin .25 acp?

I figure If i shoot somebody with it- Johnny Law takes it.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It's perfectly adequate for it's intended use. I wouldn't hesitate to trust my life to it. Of course, I ALWAYS have my guns checked out once a year by my gunsmith, anyway. The ones I'm using of course, NOT the safe queens.

+1 on Johnny Law taking it if you have to use it. That's why I don't go for the high dollar stuff. That, and the fact that I'd rather have more guns that cost less rather than a few high cost guns.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.