Anotther new shooter

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Windy Wilson

Anotther new shooter

Post by Windy Wilson »

Little ol' subversive me.
My nephew is 8 years old. Periodically my brother and his wife have some event together, and I am asked to sit with the nephew. Three times ago I brought a target box and some of those pump air burp guns that shoot the plastic balls. I introduce safety rules and range terminology as we go, we stay behind the line, we keep score, sort of, and we aren't doing the Star Wars Wii thing where the bounty hunter gets points for shooting up the town (literally-- in bounty hunter level he shoots up buildings and trees and gets points). He sure enjoys when I come over now.
I think in a couple of years we'll get to the range and do this with air guns and .22.

Is it the cricket that is the single shot with the child stock?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
slowpoke

Re: Anotther new shooter

Post by slowpoke »

Windy Wilson wrote:Little ol' subversive me.
My nephew is 8 years old. Periodically my brother and his wife have some event together, and I am asked to sit with the nephew. Three times ago I brought a target box and some of those pump air burp guns that shoot the plastic balls. I introduce safety rules and range terminology as we go, we stay behind the line, we keep score, sort of, and we aren't doing the Star Wars Wii thing where the bounty hunter gets points for shooting up the town (literally-- in bounty hunter level he shoots up buildings and trees and gets points). He sure enjoys when I come over now.
I think in a couple of years we'll get to the range and do this with air guns and .22.

Is it the cricket that is the single shot with the child stock?
Yeah, and remington makes one,the model 5, and savage makes the rascal, the cub, and their falling blocks, and the there is also a thompson center.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Splendid! Carry on.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Yep, it 's the Cricket, although most of the big names make a short-stocked rifle for the diminutive set.

Other than the potential brand of the rifle (which really doesn't matter), well done, carry on.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House