Rimfire Thursday

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
PawPaw

Rimfire Thursday

Post by PawPaw »

Thankfully (I have much to be thankful for), there's room at Momma's house to do a little shooting. Every year, immediately after the Thanksgiving meal, the nephews and I retire to the pasture where I've built a small berm, and do a little shooting. I let them choose their poison, but limit it to one style of shooting so I don't have to drag out the whole collection. A poll last night revealed that today should be devoted to rimfire shooting.

My nephews are city boys and don't get to do much shooting. Some of them fire weapons once a year, on the afternoon after the Thanksgiving meal. So, I'm going to load up the paraphernalia and head over to Mother's house. Next week I"ll be buying several bulk packs of ammo to replenish my stocks. We've got several rifles and pistols to explore and I suspect that they'll have a great time. I know I will.

Y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
cu74

Re: Rimfire Thursday

Post by cu74 »

That is an OUTSTANDING family tradition you have created there, Paw Paw. I'm betting there will be a sea of young smiles this afternoon.... :D
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Sounds like great fun!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Outstanding!

Your boys are into metal fab and heavy equipment, no? Got steel scrap on hand for to make some turkey and pig silhouettes for next holiday shoot? :D
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story